Chapter 12.

BUKOLA

I have avoided Aminu like a plague since the day he ruffled up my senses. My trouble landed me into that and it was a wonder how my body betrayed my resolve.

The kiss was a thorough battle and I totally enjoyed it. It is why I have chosen to avoid him all through.

Smoothing my hand against the sides of my leather skirt, a smile graces my lips as I look at the person staring back at me.

Amazing. Simply amazing. Hopefully I nail this job interview and finally secure a paying job for myself today.

"Go get the job, sweetie." I whisper to myself in self reassurance. As crazy as this is, I should be my number one cheerleader.

I didn't drive to the interview. I hailed a cab instead. The familiar feeling of nostalgia rushes through me when I walk into the building as I recall the last time I showed up here.

The receptionist gives me directions to the waiting hall where we are to have the interview. I am making my way to the elevator when I notice its door is about to be shut.

"Please, hold the door." The man inside slightly raises his brows at me before sticking a foot out. Thankful, I inhale a deep breath and quicken my steps. Once inside, a sigh escapes my lips from the fast steps I had just taken before I open up to speak.

"Thank you." He smiles before nodding his head.

"Are you new here?" Well, not technically, but I still am.

"Yes." I respond.

"Oh."

"Here for an interview, actually." I fill in.

"Really? Goodluck, then." On the floor just before my stop, he gets off the elevator, leaving me on the very short ride to my destination.

"Good afternoon. My name is Bukola Solade and I am here for the interview." She gives me a once over after my introduction before nodding her head.

"Wait there." She finally says after seconds of making me feel dumb, making a hand gesture. Her nails are gorgeous, though.

"Alright." See this ode o. Somebody that I will be superior to should I eventually land myself this job.

There were three other applicants waiting for the interview too. None of them were smiling, everyone dressed to out-do the other. I am thankful I did not show up looking like one house help. My eleda would have been dancing naked in the land of the gods now, raining curses at me.

I was surprised to see the man from the elevator inside the interview room. The other three applicants are done and I am the last. All the interviewers have on, stoic expressions.

"We will cut the chase and go straight to the point. No need to tell us about yourself. Your file is here already." That is weird, because Aminu just told me to show up. There was never any document submission. However, I am not about to jeopardise my chance at this by letting them in on that lapse.

"Why did you apply for this position?" Woman A asks. So, I have labelled them Woman A, Woman B, Elevator man and Man A in my head.

The simple reason is because I need money. My subconscious responds.

"Your company is a leading brand and has a lot of client base and as such, using my internal auditing skills to help you become even more successful sounds very exciting. I also hear of the amazing work environment this place is." They all exchange glances amongst themselves and Woman B clears her throat.