Chapter 13.

BUKOLA

It's official. The trip is on, for this weekend. Starting tomorrow. She just sent in the details. How fast do these billionaire people get things done?

According to Farida, we leave tomorrow evening and return on Sunday evening.

What is left now is communicating this to Aminu. I am really not completely in on this. Just that I don't want Farida or Tee to start asking questions. I just hope that miraculously, there is something occupying his time this weekend. I'll be so thrilled.

I continue to pace back and forth, quite restless. He is not home yet. So it gives me a little time to think.

My stomach growls. I have not eaten since the cookies at Farida's. I need to fill my tummy with something.

Even though he is not around, the walk to the kitchen is full of dread. Hopefully, he does not come in when I'm still here. Well, prayed too fast.

"Hi." Seems Uncle is hungry too. His tie is out of place and he looks extremely exhausted.

"Hi. Didn't know you were back."

"Yeah. Just came in." He answers. The awkwardness could be cut with an object with pointy edges. When neither of us says nothing after, I go back to dishing out my food. While heating it up, I sit on the counter, looking any where else asides directly at him. When he moves also, my eyes follow him.

Aminu picks out a plate and dishes food for himself. He makes use of the second microwave to warm his.

Whoever made these microwave alarm seriously needs to reconsider his invention because this thing just announces someone to the whole world. I understand its purpose, though. Just that in situations as this one, the silence is more comfortable.

"Are you going to get that?" He asks, irritated. Annoying Aminu is back.

"Is it your food?" I shoot back at him, hissing.

"I don't want my house burning." This man understands how this operates. I know he is aware of the fact that it can't cause a fire.

"Whatever." I take ny sweet time to get down the counter to pick up the food. After setting it on the table, I get a pack of juice and a cup then sit to enjoy my food.

As if to spite me, the nonsense man does the same. When I see him, I hiss and start packing up to eat in my room instead.

"Are you avoiding me?" He suddenly asks, catching me off guard.

"Avoiding you? How?" Even though my response is sharp witted, I still don't meet his eyes.

"I can't believe the proud Bukola is shy simply because of a kiss." He points out and I just roll my eyes.

"You wish. Please, don't disturb me. I want to eat."

"Then, prove it." He says.

"Prove what?"

"That you are unaffected by the kiss. Eat here." I know he is baiting me.

"I don't have to prove anything to you."

"You see. Affected." He lets out a deep laugh and I huff.

"Fine!" I slam the juice pack on the table, sitting back.

"Easy there, tiger." He is still laughing. Aminu is very annoying.

We continue to eat in silence, thankfully. Then I remember the trip.

"Aminu."

"What is it?" He asks. Very rude human being.

"Farida is planning a trip for this weekend."