Chapter 29.

AMINU

My father was the one who shot her. The man might not have been my biological father, but I gave him every respect one deserves. I even preferred him to my mom, at a point. Well, that was until Sammy made the discovery. I was so shocked that there were two of her; that she was not even the actual Bukola, but her twin who was partner with my Dad.

I had to assign Lolu to be her security detail. So she does not suspect a thing, he was made to play the crush/ in love with her role. He disliked that aspect of his job.

For the documents needed; well, I had to make forged documents, replicas of original ones with slight tweaks. They were planted right where she could gain access to them. She needed to hand those documents to them so I can solidify my case against the criminals.

The shot was severe; she was rushed to the ICU immediately we arrived. It's been more than two hours since she has been in there and we have not gotten any response from the medical team.

"Good evening, Sir." The only reason I picked this call is because it is Jide and the fact that he can't be here since it is already late.

"Jide."

"I am sorry for how I left. Daddy told me what happened. Any news, please?" He asks.

"We still await their response." I tell him.

"Can I come see her?" In a way, part of me was upset with how for how he stormed off to school after her revelation. Another part tries to understand him, seeing as we both have slightly similar paternal issues.

"Don't bother. I'll keep you posted, Jide. I have to go now." I abruptly end the call when I see a Doctor heading towards where we are.

"Sir, we have gotten the bullets out of her and performed some operations on her. Right now, she has been placed on anaesthetic." He informs us.

"Can we see her now?" I ask.

"No, you can't. She still requires critical observation." He says and I nod.

"She's still not awake, yes?" Her dad asks, beside me.

"She is not awake." The Doctor confirms. He slumps beside me, clearly torn. After excusing himself, Dr. Philip leaves us and we both go back to sitting.

"I know now is not a good time, Sir. I am counting and praying on her waking up for what I want to ask of you."

"Go ahead, son." He encourages. My heart warms up a little when he calls me that. Honestly, I have always liked her father. Back then, I might have greatly despised my wife, but I truly admired how protective he was when it comes to her. That is why right now, his opinion is very important.

"Sir, there is something we were not being completely honest with you about." I sigh. I was not opportune to even finish my statement when a punch lands on my face, making me stagger in my seat.

"Bastard! I know what you put her to do." An angry looking Emmy is glaring at me, fist set for a fight. I get on my feet to face him.

"I am not ready for this." He has always had feelings for her; good luck to him, because I don't care.

"Emmy, we talked about this." Farida warns him.

"What have you done to have gotten her in this state?" He accuses.

"I don't owe you an explanation, Emmanuel." I spit out his name. This dude better control himself because I won't hesistate to give him the beating of his life if he decides to stress me. We are in a hospital and already, people are pretending to not look when in reality, they are silently waiting for the drama to unfold.