Chapter 3.

BUKOLA

“Who said anything about you being my sexual object? Of all things, I can't disrespect a woman in that light. I just don't want your numerous partners in my house. Or interfering with my reputation.” I really wish I could slap this man right now, but let me respect myself before he slaps me with lawsuit. I really find his statement disrespectful.

“Uncle, I was on my own o, you carried your leg to my house to rope me into this. The least you could do is agree to some of my terms.” I fight back. How many days of knowing this man and I am honestly exhausted just communicating with him.

“You had an option not to.” He defends with a shrug of his shoulders.

“You sneaky bastard. You act like I had one when you left me with none.” I watch as his chair swivel left and right, his gold colored pen dancing in between his fingers.

“Look, Alright. We can ‘pretend’ to date for a while. 3 months is all you are getting and after that, we get married. Nothing more.” Nonsense man. At least, I don't have to start answering numerous questions.

“Alright.” I answer.

“No ‘Thank you' or ‘You're amazing, Aminu’ ?” His questioning gaze burns into me.

“For what? Are you doing me a favor?” He just continues staring at me bitterly.

“Are you going to sign that?” He asks.

Letting out a snicker, I flip to the last page and append my signature.

“Done.” I sigh, tossing his own copy of the document to him.

“Good. Now that that is out of the way, get ready. We meet my family tomorrow “ He deadpans.

“Your family? Is that not too sudden?” I ask him.

“I thought you were educated enough to digest all you read?” Another insult again.

“Your unfiltered tongue will be your doom.” I fight him and he laughs.

“There's so much my unfiltered tongue can do.” His gaze sweeps through me sensually.

“Perv.” I mutter.

“Accompany me to family dinners and public gatherings." He points out the line in the document.

“Yeah. But I didn't think it would be this sudden.” I defend.

“The moment you signed this document, it became binding on us.” He states.

“Whatever.”

“Look, I don't have time to engage in meaningless banters with you.” I scoff. No, I'm the jobless one.

“Uncle, Brother, Sir, look here too, you waltz into my life proposing marriage or blackmail. Do you think I also enjoy the stupid back and forth arguments we have?” I could see the fire blazing in his eyes.

“You are very disrespectful.” He points out.

“You have not seen disrespect.” In short, I don't have time for this argument again. I have things to do tonight.

“Geraldine will pick you up tomorrow by noon. She's a stylist. Do whatever you want, just get yourself ready for 6pm.” With his tone, you'd find it difficult to comprehend that we just had an argument. Again.

“See you tomorrow, Sir.” I state, my voice dripping sarcasm.

“Dumb dumb.” I mutter under my breath.

“Same here, Ma.” His tone matches mine and I just huff in annoyance.

I don't miss the glare his Secretary sends my way as I exit his office. Aunty, you will be fine.