EPILOGUE

"I love you so much, mum." Jide says to a teary eyed Bukunmi. She had longed for his acceptance and is very glad that on her happiest day, he chooses to make her even happier.

"I love you too, son. I have always loved you." He smiles and hugs her briefly before recoiling, not wanting to stain his white Agbada with her make up.

She smiles, thinking about the life she has lead and her journey so far. She always thought she deserved none of this happiness that reverberated in her.

"It is time, my lovely daughter." Folarin Solade takes his daughter's hands in his and takes his time to carefully observe her.

"You know you can still back out if you're having second thoughts, dear." He says.

"Daddy, I am very sure this time." She reassures him and he nods. Knowing his son in law, his daughter won't get pass the building's gate before he runs chasing after her if she even attempted to cancel. Unlike the first time, he was certain and had no doubts about the union, and honestly, he was very glad she had no doubts. Even though at the end, he would have given her his full support if she did.

The flower girls open up the entrance, followed by the bridal train led by the two chief bridesmaids; Farida and Tee, accompanied by their husbands. Then Sammy and his girlfriend, Lizzie and Lolu, Jide and Adunni. Bukunmi's other friends from Queen's College were alsp part of the bridal train.

"Announcing the arrival of the bride." A voice announces. She lifts one leg and steps on the red carpet and she saw Aminu gasp.

The man continues smiling till she gets to him. His bride, once again! This time, no pretence whatsoever. They are in love and it is so refreshing to be tying to knot with the love of his life.

"Take care of my daughter." Her father warns in a hushed voice when they arrive at the foot of the alter.

"With my life, Sir." Aminu makes a promise, one he swears to God to keep till his last breath.

The officiating minister starts the marriage process. The couple exchange vows and are soon pronounced husband and wife.

"You may now kiss the bride." Aminu takes her in his arms swiftly before connecting their lips in a kiss.

"I love you so much, wifey." He states with a smile.

"Husband has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" They both giggle while the audience in the church erupt in a fit of laughter. Right there, in the presence of God and the world, they make a silent promise to stay together, through thick and thin.

》》13 YEARS AFTER 《《

AMINU

"Come back here, Lawan!" I hear my twelve years old daughter scold her younger brother who sticks out his tongue before running to hug me.

"Welcome, daddy." He greets, hugging my legs.

"How are you? What mischief are you up to again?" I ask him with raised brows and he just shrugs his shoulders. Well, his question is answered when his sister walks in with color dripping from her head. This little prankster! I want to laugh, but I have to be the bigger person and the parent figure.

"Daddy." She cries out, running to me. She pushes her brother before hugging me, staining my trousers with the color on her body. I don't really mind, though.

After spending some time scolding both of them about violence and how they should both love themselves, they apologize and hug it out. After trying and continuously getting negative results, we adopted both kids and have since loved and nurtured them like our own. Their exhausted Nanny greets me and takes them away for clean up and an afternoon nap. They are on third term holiday which explains why they are at home.

Finally free, I head upstairs to see my wife who has been under the weather since the week started.

"Baby." I coo, scooping her figure in my arms. She smiles and leans into me.

"How is my baby doing?" I ask her.

"Fine, honey."

"Have you had your drugs today?" I ask her and she plays with her nails before looking at me.

"I'm pregnant." She blurts out. A slow smile spreads on my lips and I drop a kiss on her forehead.

"That's great news."

"I feel so shy. My son already has a kid and his wife is pregnant for another one." She snuggles in my chest.

"Babe, there's no time that is considered late."

"I know, honestly. I just feel shy, that's all."

"Look at the bright side, baby. We are having our own kid." I say and she nods.

God's time really is the best. When we clocked 45, wifey lost hope in getting pregnant and we just continued with our two lovely babies. Afterall, all children are from God.

I am super excited and very sure that the kids will be thrilled to know they have a sibling in the oven.

Thirteen years later, she still looks as breathtakingly beautiful as the first time I had met her. Fine wine that does not age. Even with the scanty grey hairs forming on her head, she looks like a snack.

"I love you and promise to be with you every step of the way." I promise her and she look at me, nods her head before relaxing in my arms.

"I love you too." She whispers and giggles when I caress her cheeks.

THE END.

End date: 3rd May, 2022.

Hello Lovers,
I promised to finish this book before my birthday, which happens to be tomorrow. And I did!

THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGH THIS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Now that we are done with this book, feel free to recommend to your community of friends.

Love you all💕💞

Next book is Two To Tingle!