Chapter 24.

AMINU

The weekend went by not in a blur, though. I could sense a great deal of improvement in the relationship between Bukola and I when I woke up the next morning.

We usually go to the office separately with her leaving before me. To my surprise, Bukky stood in the kitchen, completely unaware of my presence. She is cooking breakfast and I swear, between merely watching her while I enjoy the sight and walking up to kiss her senseless, I don't know what option to pick.

There was a certain kind of light that illuminated off of her. Something definitely changed.

Picking my first option, I just lean by the door, arms and legs crossed as I watch her. What's even more alluring is the fact that she's already dressed for work. There's an apron draped across her figure. From the back, all I can see is her seemingly innocent steps while she walks from side to side.

I am soon caught in the act of staring when she turns around and gives me raised brows.

"Good morning." She bats her lashes at me, playfully. Gone is the woman who looked so fragile last night.

"Good morning, wifey." She looks at me through hooded eyes and surprises me with a wink.

"Sit. Let me dish this food."

"Never been so glad to eat breakfast."

"Shush, before I change my mind." She warns.

"Sorry, ma." I smirk and slip onto the sit. She just rolls her eyes.

We eat dinner in silence, me occassionally stealing glances at her. We are still eating when a surprised Madam Christie walks in.

"Good morning, Sir." She greets. I nod my head dismissively.

"Good morning, ma'am." She exchanges hugs with my wife. They seem pretty cool with themselves.

"You are rude, Aminu." She says, when we are back to being the only persons here.

"What have I done again?"

"The least you could do is acknowledge her. What's that rude nodding of head you gave as a response?"

"How is that rude?"

"She cooks your food, Aminu. I would have slipped slow poison in your food if I were the one you rudely dismiss on a regular basis." The water I was chugging in chokes me halfway. Bukky can be scary sometimes.

"Wifey." I groan and she gets up to slap me on the head.

"Think! Go and respond to her greeting. And better be nice, it won't do any harm to you. I am waiting." She says while finishing up the bits of egg on her plate.

"I won't." She won't coerce me to do that.

"Alright. No problem, Rich man. Master Aminu." She doesn't even wait for me to respond before she storms out of the place with her keys in hand.

Sammy's face beams with mischief when I see him in my office by the time I arrive at work. When he is like this, it indicates how much he has up his sleeves that is full of trouble.

"Someone finally decided to resume work today." He wiggles his brows suggestively.

"Get your legs off my table and your ass off my seat."

"You're no fun, old man."

"And you should be more serious with your life, boy."

"Boy? You're just jealous of my youth." He shrugs. This one does not know he is older by the passing of each year. He is super playful, I wonder how Mel, his girlfriend, copes.