Chapter 11.

BUKOLA

The sweet chirpy sounds of birds just outside the windows. The clank sound cooking spoons make when they collide with pots. The sweet aroma that filled the house. All these are whay usher me into the new day.

"Good morning." Madam Christie greets me cheerfully when she sees me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Ogwu." I say to her, her mood lifting mine.

"How is today? You look exceptionally happy." I ask and she shrugs, letting out a grin.

"Yes. My daughter is coming visiting." She lets out.

"Oh. That is amazing. I would love to meet her." Madam Christie's daughter is her only child. She is a University student outside the country. According to the woman, the lady is so academically sound that she even got a scholarship to study.

Taking a handful of the plantain she's frying, I make my way out of the kitchen, prepared to look for my target; Aminu.

The one place I know he will be at even during weekends is his home office. Without knocking, I burst in on purpose just to annoy him. He just looks at me, hisses and continues what he is reading.

Did I mention how lovely he looks in his glasses? Well, it's drool worthy. Never let him know though. He's an arrogant idiot.

"Good morning, husband." I say in the sweetest voice I could muster. Note the sarcasm.

"What is it, Bukola?" He asks like he is already tired of seeing me in just a few seconds.

"Uncle, who stole your biscuit?" I ask, arms akimbo. This is a popular Nigerian phrase that could mean anything. It's purpose is to taunt people.

"What is it?" He asks again.

"I'm bored." I state with puckered lips.

"And I'm busy. So, get out." He is still not looking up to me. In fact, he flips a page and adjusts the glasses.

With a hiss, I march forward to him and snatch the book from the table where it was placed.

"Kevin Ali." I gasp and jump a little in excitement.

"So?"

"It's even a limited edition copy. I could swear I had read this book before. The cover is what changed and the quality of the back cover too. I am jealous." I play with the book excitedly.

"Alright. What do you want me to do with that piece of information?" He asks like I did not just fan girl over an author of the book he was reading a few minutes ago.

"Don't be silly. Do you know the Author?" I wiggle my eyebrows at him and drag a seat to sit beside him. When he does not answer, I nudge him a little on the shoulder.

"Yes, I do." He lets out a sigh and rolls his eyes.

"Then, it won't be a hard thing for you to let go of this copy?" I ask with a squeaky voice.

"Bukola, just hand over the book." He stretches his hand to me. Such a nerd.

"Okay, let's strike a deal."

"What is it? You're disturbing me, honestly." He grumbles.

"Simple. I am really curious on the Author's identity. Introduce me to him."

"You must be crazy to think I would do so." He replies and rolls his eyes.

"You leave me with no choice, then. You can't have this one."

"Alright. Suite yourself."

"So, back to the reason I came here. I'm bored." I say with pucker lips.

"So, what do you want me to do about it?" He asks me.