Chapter 33.

BUKUNMI

"Hey, loser." He rolls his eyes and pouts his lips. I want to kiss them so bad, but all a woman can do right now is stare and marvel at the wonderful creature of God.

"How is Abuja and how are you?" He asks me. Just got here yesterday and I am still getting settled.

"Still getting settled. There are some yummy looking men here, by the way." I say in a high pitch voice, swirling my tongue across the top part of my lips. I must look very amusing right now.

"More yummy than me?" He asks with raised brows, shifting in his seat. Jealous man.

"Yup. I even got one of them ask for my contact." I state with a shrug. Watching him squint his forehead and a scowl also forming on his lips, I place my palm over my lips to conceal my teasing smile.

"Babe, are you sure that place is safe for you?" He asks, scratching the back of my head. It is funny how he is in the office, suited up and behaving like a possessive man over a video call.

"No dey cut through corners, Aminu. Which one is 'are you sure that place is safe for you'." I take a pause to laugh at my attempt at mimicking his voice.

"That is not how I sound." He defends and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. How is this place not safe when you have Lolu here with me?" I ask him. This man would not allow me travel alone. Lolu and Elizabeth were made to travel with me. Lizzie, like I fondly call her is a tech-sis and her work is majorly remote so that is not a problem. Although she got a work travel permit just to cover up for the few days her presence might be required at the office.

"Ehn, what I am trying to say is..." He trails off, not knowing how to finish his sentence. He scratches his head again and sighs.

"Let me help you; you are just jealous." I state with a chuckle.

"I am allowed to. Other men are ogling my woman when I am not there to shield them off. Abuja men, to be precise. Right now, I am wishing I did not persuade you to sign those divorce papers. At least, you would have still had your wedding ring on."

"As if that will stop them. I am a spec, Aminu, and you know your gender." Let me blow my trumpet small. He hisses and rolls his eyes. Honestly, I am enjoying this whole teasing stuff that I am doing to him. He still has not gotten the memo that I am just catching cruise with this thing.

"Aminu, I am just teasing you, you know." I say with a teasing grin.

"Ahhh... I swear, I'll get back to you on this." He states and I chuckle.

"The final hearing is this week, right?" I ask him with a sigh. Somehow, Aminu managed to get my involvement in this case to be recorded as one done under duress. I don't know what strings he pulled to exempt me from showing up at the court house with them.

"Yes, it is." He answers.

"Okay."

"I've got to go, babe. Take care of yourself. Eat, sleep and rest. Go and explore the city of Abuja. I love you."

"I love you too." I blow air kisses at the screen and he does the same too.

"Just before you go, send your aza, let me wire you small money." Aminu that does not know what small money is, just like that, he can send Millions of Naira and still act like it is nothing.

"I already have so much money in my account." This man kept sending money to my account even when I was bedridden. Besides, throughout the period after, I had not really gone out and nothing has required me to spend a huge amount of money recently. On the few occasions where I go out, it is with him and knowing Aminu, he would never allow me foot the bills when we are together.

"Send aza, I dey wait." He dismisses my protest. Aminu has my account number, he just likes being goofy sometimes.

"Yes, Sir. Oga Aminu." I say, lifting my hand in mock salute.

"Now you're talking. Love you, and still waiting for the aza." He says and ends with a wink.

"Love you too." I chuckle before ending the call. I forward my account number to him and he immediately acknowledges it. Next thing, alert of 5 Million Naira comes in. 'Spoil yourself and don't allow those Abuja men spoil you' the transaction description read. This Aminu is high on something.

"Thank you." I send as a message to him.

"For? I work to spoil you silly." He immediately replies and I just laugh.

"Let me not contact love diabetes." I reply him.

"Oops... I think I already did." Aminu na ode.

"Ode."

"Mumu." He responds with a sticky tongue emoji. I just laugh, shake my head and close my laptop. Time to go have breakfast.

•••••

All three of us were lodged in one of the best seven star short let apartments in Abuja. I quickly browse fun places in Abuja. The first thing that pops up is the Amusement park at Wuye.

Since they close by 9pm, I decided to be there by 5pm. Spend two hours max and leave. The roads in this city are so good; Lagos cannot relate.

When the clock strikes 4pm, I am ready and waiting for the couple. I do not really mind looking like the third wheeler in this. Afterall, they are here because of me and I am grateful.

Upon arrival, we pay the gate fee, purchase plenty tickets in addition to the free tickets we were given before going our separate ways. The first ride I try out is the bumper cars. I have never laughed as much as I did on this ride. The fact that we kept bumping at each other was so hilarious. Once Uncle came with his baby daughter and kept bumping into people, small bump on his own ride and he will be scowling at you. Some people and dishing out what they cannot take.

The next ride I try out is the rollercoaster. I literally felt my head spinning while doing this. As if that was not enough, I still carried my coconut head to the water splash. You know that feel of your spirit disconnecting from your soul, I experienced it first hand. Going up was not really scary but the ride down and the splash that immediately follows, it gives a certain kind of high.

Of course, Pirate ship can never be missed. See grown men covering their eyes in fear. I took videos of every single moment on that ship because there was no single forming there. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Lizzie was sandwiched between Lolu and me because she was scared. I coincidentally met them there.

We later decided to go to the games arena together. So, it was the next place we visited. We purchased some coins and joined a group of people to play basketball and some other fun activities.

A little over two hours later, we were done with our little hangout. We hailed a ride in search of food. Since we are staying in Maitama, I suggested we look for a restaurant close by. We finally found one with amazing interiors and reviews via instagram. After paying the cab guy, we alight and stroll into the place.

•••••

"Hope you had fun today?" He asks me.

"To the extent that I am even exhausted." I answer, rolling on the bed. I let out a tired moan and hear Aminu's groan at the other end of the call.

"What is it?" I ask, feigning innocence. My action was entirely innocent but the reaction it evoked from him was not.

"Nothing." I chuckle at his response.

"Okay. Honestly, I am exhausted. I think I will be needing a massage tomorrow." My cranky self says.

"I could fly over this night, you know. It's the weekend." He suggests and I shake my head No.

"No." I quickly say when I remember that it's not video call.

"A man can try his luck, you know." He states, chuckling. The deep sound of the laugh, it does something to me.

"Hope you are happy." He says after a few seconds of silence.

"Sure, I am."

"I am glad you are. That is the most important thing."