Chapter 10.

BEHOLD, MY BOXING DAY PRESENT TO YOU ALL!

BUKOLA.

"I need a job." I mumble under my breath. He carefully takes off his glasses, rubs his hand on his eyes before staring at me.

"I didn't quite get you." I know he did, but I'm the one in need here.

"I need a job." I repeat. This is after I have given it countless thoughts and weighed my chances with this man.

"I'm not restoring your job as a stripper." He says coldly. This man and his off expressions sometimes. I don't get how a human being will choose to act like a robot sometimes.

"Who said anything about it being the job at the strip club?" I ask him and my response is a raised eyebrow.

"I want to work in your office since nobody is hiring me." I say with a shrug.

"What do you think my company does?" Does this man think me dumb or what?

"Real estate, night life, racing, etc." I response sharply.

"That's quite impressive." He answers and I just roll my eyes.

"I'm sure from your findings on me, you must have seen I am well educated." I say, staring him in the eyes.

"But just to reiterate, asides a Bachelor's degree in Finance, I have an MBA and currently working towards getting a Ph.D.. I worked at a Corporate Audit firm previously." I could fit in either an Accounting Department or an Audit Department.

"How then do you intend for us to manage the fact that you're my wife?" He asks.

"I don't understand. Does being your wife entail me being grounded and not permitted to work?"

"It's not what I am saying."

"But it is what you're implying." I point out.

"Don't be dumb, Bukola. Only hold me responsible for what I say and not for whatever stupid reason you assume."

"That I asked for a job does not give you the right to insult me."

"It's not an insult."

"Then I guess you'll be so pleased if I call you dumb." I hiss at him.

"Is that what's getting your panties in a twist?" He asks as his lips form a smirk. This man definitely knows what he is doing.

"You know what, keep your job. You can shove it up where the sun does not shine." I huff and begin to walk out.

"Bukky." He calls, making me stop in my tracks.

"What is it?"

"While I'll pretend that you did not just disrespect my male anatomy, you are invited for an interview on Thursday next week." I know that expectant look on his face. I really would not want myself uttering the words to him. However, right now, it's the least I could do.

"Thank you." It's forced and I suspect he knows. It's why he chuckles, eyeing my form.

"Get your disgusting eyes off me."

"What did you see me with? Your ears, I presume?" He laughs when he responds to me. Reaching for the nearest thing beside me, I throw it, more like stone it, at him.

"Is the money I send to you not enough?" He asks with a smirk.

"Who said anything about money?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Bukola." He calls out in a voice that is supposed to sound endearing.

"If you want an increase in the amount I send, all you need to do is ask." He says, rubbing his beards and wiggling his eye brows. Is this man not mad like this?