Chapter - 41 But none of this seems to matter...

Lu Zhi came back from the call, frowning and looking at his mobile phone, "The procuratorate has filed a public prosecution, and now Lu Yike has been detained and arrested. I saw him."

Ji Jin gritted his teeth: "Is there no other way?"

"We can still go through the legal procedures to apply at the procuratorate like last time."

Lu Zhi said, "It's just that I don't know how long we will have to wait. He opened the official website, quickly and proficiently carried out the application operation, and then showed Ji Jin the page on the computer: "It will take at least three to seven working days. It is still the legal holiday of the Spring Festival . More than ten days."

Ji Jin clenched his palms. If, if he thought about it earlier, wouldn't it take so long?

Ji Jin watched Lu Zhi turn on the computer and submit the application, then closed his eyes.

...What else is he forgetting?

Ji Jin continued to move the time axis forward, and he began to search his own memories: since he moved into his younger brother Ji Yu's room three years ago, he found a large basket of books hidden under the bed by his younger brother...the novel whose cover has fallen off, has been Yellowed pages, densely packed strange fonts, French thin pages with annotations.

"J'aimais? moins? votre? visaage? de? jeune? femme? que? celui? que? vous? avez? maintenant, d vast." "

'I knew you and will always remember you. Back then, you were young, Everyone says you are beautiful...Compared with your face at that time, I love your face that has been devastated now.' [translation]

The "Lover" mentioned by Qi Yao.

"I borrowed your book, should I return it?"

Qi Yao's smile in the memory gradually surfaced for a moment, and Ji Jin's eyes suddenly locked on the "Lover" that he returned in his memory.

Ji Jin finally remembered. Why is the handwriting on that threatening paper both strange and familiar. It turns out that he have seen it before.

In the "Lover", which has no cover, among the dense annotations, there are such rigid and weird fonts mixed in.

Ji Jin didn't even have time to explain all this to Lu Zhi, he picked up his mobile phone and immediately dialed Qi Yao's number. He had to be sure whether the font belonged to Qi Yao or his younger brother Ji Yu. The other party's call was answered quickly, as if Qi Yao had been waiting for this call.

"Doctor Qi, do you still remember-" Ji Jin endured the urgency in his heart, and when he wanted to start a topic, the other party rejected him in that gentle but indifferent tone.

"No comment." Qi Yao's voice was polite but cold, "I'm sorry, I'm very busy right now. Please don't call again."

"Wait-" Ji Jin didn't even have time to finish his sentence , the other side has already hung up the phone.

"Brother Jin?" Lu Zhi.

Ji Jin hadn't reacted from Qi Yao's merciless rejection, and was a little lost because of his attitude, but at this moment he heard Lu Zhi's voice, and couldn't help but raise his head.

Lu Zhi was holding his laptop, showing his discovery to Ji Jin with unconcealed excitement: "Brother Jin, I thought of a way to meet Lu Yike."

"Since the procedures of the procuratorate have to go, but we It doesn't have to be the route of the procuratorate... If possible, we first file a new case of Ji Yu's car accident through the police, then Lu Yike, who is a suspect, will naturally be summoned, and we can also see him!"

Lu After Zhi finished talking eloquently, he noticed Ji Jin's expression, and his voice weakened, and he tentatively said, "Brother Jin?"

"Yes, I'm listening." Ji Jin nodded, "Let's go now."

"Okay." Lu Zhi immediately put down the laptop in his hand and stood up. He hesitated for a moment, then looked back at Ji Jin, and asked, "Were you on the phone with Qi Yao just now?"

"Yes, but he hung up."

Ji Jin's voice didn't fluctuate, "He knows my Brother, I want to ask him, but Doctor Qi seems to be busy." But he didn't say more.

Ji Jin thought a lot at the moment Qi Yao hung up the phone. He remembered the first time he met Qi Yao, the young doctor who stood in front of him with ease after receiving a new text message from the autumn and winter desserts he edited. , showing a faint smile to myself in the afternoon at the cafe.

"Ji Yu, you should know me." Thinking back carefully, Ji Jin realized that there was something he had neglected before, but now he suddenly understood.

Like Lu Yike, Qi Yao saw through his identity at the first sight... Could it be that they all knew the inside story of Ji Yu's death?

Ji Jin sat in Lu Zhi's car silently. They sorted out the cases of Wen Yunyun's disappearance and Ji Yu's car accident, and wanted to reopen the case, but the police did not accept such evidence.

"Sir, I understand your pain of losing a loved one." The policeman who had entertained them told Lu Zhi and Ji Jin in a gentle and tactful tone, "But these evidences are far from enough to restart the investigation process."