Entering the Grand Line and Laboon

It has been an hour since the crew left Logue town and were currently sailing towards the Grand Line. Usopp was manning the rudder while Johnny and Yosaku were up in the crow's nest looking out. Zoro was sitting at the rear deck of the ship with Luffy and Ryuma cleaning his swords, Nami and Nojiko were looking at a map of the Grand Line while Sanji was in the kitchen putting away the stuff he bought. Luffy was drinking his whiskey while staring up at the thundercloud infested sky. These weren't his clouds, it looked like an actual storm was coming their way but Luffy didn't mind. They had a tailwind since they left Logue Town and were likely to be out of the storm before it even began. Luffy was about to take a sip of his drink when suddenly Nami screamed startling everyone and causing Luffy to spill some of his whiskey on the floor.

"AHHHH!" she yelled. Luffy looked over to her with a murderous look in his eye before he spoke.

"You better have a good excuse for causing me to spill my whiskey," Luffy said in a cold tone causing her to sweat a bit before she nodded her head. "Well, what is it?" he asked as Sanji and everyone ran over to see what is wrong with Nami.

"I was looking at this map of the Grand Line that I stole from Buggy and it says here the entrance of the Grand Line is a mountain," she said causing everyone's eyes to widen except Luffy.

"A mountain?" Zoro asked while looking at Nami. "Are we supposed to crash into it?" he asked causing Luffy to look at him as though he was stupid.

"Really?" Ryuma asked while looking at Zoro. "Crash into it? Does that sound like how you enter the Grand Line? or does it sound like how you die?" Ryuma asked rhetorically causing Zoro to look away in embarrassment.

"So how do we enter the Grand Line then?" asked Sanji. Luffy took a sip of his drink before he replied.

"We sail up the mountain," he said surprising everyone.

"Ships can't sail up a mountain!" Usopp said causing everyone to nod their heads in agreement to what he said.

"Hand me that map Nami," Luffy said as he stretched out his hand. When he got the map from Nami he sat it down on the floor in front of them and began explaining how it works. "You see this mountain right here?" he asked while pointing to the mountain in the center of the map. All of them nodded their heads and paid close attention to what he was saying. "That mountain is a part of the Red Line and is called Reverse Mountain. Currents from all four of the seas run up the mountain and into the Grand Line," he said while tracing his finger on the small blue line that represents the currents that go up the mountain. Everyone's eyes widened when they heard that information.

"But that is impossible, currents cannot flow up a mountain," Nojiko said while having a disbelieving look on her face.

"In the normal world it doesn't, but this is the Grand Line," Luffy said as he rolled up the map and looked all of them in the eye before he continued. "If you go into that sea and try using logic to explain everything that happens there you will go mad," he said before handing the map back to Nami. "There is nothing sane about that sea. One minute it is raining, and one second later it starts snowing, and two seconds after that it is raining hail the size of a galleon," he said causing their eyes to widen and their jaws to drop.

"You-you are kidding right?" Nami asked.

"Nope...well the hail thing I only saw that in the New World, but it could happen in Paradise," he said getting them to relax a bit. "By the way, Nami," he said getting her attention. "Did you and Nojiko a log pose?" he asked causing them to nod.

"Yea we did, but why do we need it?" she asked.

"It's how you navigate the Grand Line, regular compasses don't work there," he said surprising them. "Do not lose it or else we will all die," he said causing her to nod her head furiously. "By the way what did all the rest of you buy while you were there?" He asked.