A Journey Through the Desert!

The Going Merry was currently sailing calmly through the Sandora River on its way to Eremalu. Luffy was currently on the upper rear deck with Ryuma, Ace and Zoro looking out into the ocean. Johnny and Yosaku were currently up in the crow's nest looking out, Nojiko was manning the helm, Nami and Vivi are on the rear deck with Luffy and the guys looking at a map, while Usopp, Chopper, and Vivi's pet duck, Karoo were on the main deck drinking and laughing among themselves. Luffy turned and looked Vivi and began making his way to her before he spoke.

"So, why are we going to Eremalu?" Luffy asked getting both Vivi and Nami's attention.

"We are currently on the Sandora River. We will take it to Eremalu where we will dock before we proceed to Yuba on foot," she said causing Luffy to nod.

"You guys are going to Yuba?" Ace asked getting all their attention.

"Yeah, why?" Luffy asked with a curious look on his face.

"That's where I'm headed as well. It is the last place where Teach was sighted," he said causing Luffy to smile and nod his head. "You don't mind if I tag along now do you?" Ace asked with a smile causing Luffy to chuckle.

"of course, you can tag along, dummy," Luffy said with a smirk before he turned and looked at Vivi before he spoke again. "By the way princess, what's in Yuba?" he asked.

"Yuba is the main base of the rebel army. I know the leader of the rebels, if we can get there and tell them about Crocodile, I am sure we can stop this war," she said with a hopeful look on her face. Luffy smile at her before he spoke again.

"Don't worry princess, we'll end the war," he said with a smile causing her to smile. The ship sailed up the Sandora River for about an hour before Vivi walked up to Nami, who was standing in the front of the ship, and asked her a question.

"Nami, can we stop the ship for a second?" she asked while holding some papers in her hands causing Nami to look at her strangely.

"What for?" Nami asked while looking at Vivi.

"I have a very important mission for the Karoo," she said as she turned and looked at the giant duck. Nami and Vivi then went and asked Luffy if it was okay to which he agreed and gave out orders to the rest of the crew to pull the ship over by the nearby bank for Vivi to do what she needed to do. When the ship docked at the bank Vivi, Karoo, Nami, Nojiko, and Sanji got off while everyone else looked down at them from the ship. "This is all the information Igaram and I gathered about Crocodile and Baroque Works. I need you to go to Alubarna palace and deliver this letter to my father," she said while looking at the giant duck. "It also lets him know that I have returned to Alabasta accompanied by brave friends willing to help us in our struggle," she added before tucking the papers into Karoo's pouch. "No make sure to conserve your water and be safe," She added before patting the giant duck's head. With a salute, the giant yellow duck took off running at amazing speed away from the ship.

"Alright! Everyone, get back on board and set sail!" Luffy yelled out before he turned and walked back to his usual stop on the ship and sat down on his throne. It took another two hours before they reached Eremalu. As the ship docked the girls exited their rooms with a new set of clothes on covering up their entire body as opposed to their belly dancer outfit which exposed quite a lot of skin. Upon seeing this Sanji began to complain causing Luffy to chuckle at his antics. Nojiko then walked up to Luffy and Ryuma carrying two sets of folded clothes in her hands and handed them to Ace, Ryuma and Luffy.

"You three should put this on," she said as she handed them clothes more suited for the dessert. "We don't want you three to get sunburn now do we," she added with a smile. Ace took the clothes and put them on right on the spot while Luffy and Ryuma made their way to their private quarters. As Luffy entered his private quarters his thundercloud followed him into the room. Luffy threw the dessert cloths on his bed before he reached under his bed and pulled out the chest containing all the devil fruits.