It begins now

"Why are we here? This place is a dump." While Usopp and a few others stayed at the Going Merry, they were still happy to hear that their main ship will be getting an upgrade after all. The only concern is that the Galley-La company is hesitate to provide the materials. Luffy was able to strike up a deal: The Straw Hats will be given the location where the black market is, they buy the wood and the company will use them on the King's Gourd with nothing connecting them to the purchase of illegal goods. The Straw Hats will get their new and improved ship of their design built ready for the New World and Water Seven will have clean hands in the face of the World Government and another ship that luffy has designed and told him to create it in 2 years.

Right now, Sanji just complained about being dragged out in the middle of nowhere. And while everyone mumbled in agreement, Robin was silent and unsure. She was this way ever since that encounter with a whisper and a costumed figure in the alleyway.

"I understand Sanji and we won't be here long. Just to meet a certain man that will help with our ships. Both of them." Luffy responded. "Now come on. I can't stand the look either." No arguments there.

"Look! It's the Straw Hat Pirates! Their captain is the Demon straw hat, a demon who had destroyed the buster call with his crew!" After 'letting themselves in', the door revealed several crazing characters that looked like bums wearing cannonballs. "What are you here for!?"

"To meet your boss. Is he in?" Luffy answered them politely and with a smile that spoke 'answer or else'. It didn't take long for a pair of doors inside the ugly building to open with a roar.

"You better not have hurt any of my brothers, Demon straw hat." The man walked out and stopped just a foot from Luffy. "Now why did you want to see the boss of the dark side of Water Seven?"

"I wanted to meet the other student that learned under Tom, who calls himself Franky." Luffy pulled his usual trick of 'reading minds'. By then, his crew were used to it while enjoying the looks on the faces around them for a change.

XXXXX

Franky is a powerfully built man with a height of at least seven feet. His forearms are relatively enormous while his biceps are comparably small. His chest is well-toned with large abs and pectoral muscles. He has brightly-colored blue hair and blue star tattoos on his forearms. Franky's eyebrows are rather long and stern, and he has three prominent lower Matsuge on each eye. His chin is very angular and tapers off in three pointed clefts. Franky has an equally angular prosthetic nose made of iron with several rivets and jagged edges, the only thing not covered with artificial skin.

And right now, he is glaring at Luffy with both shock and anger. "I have heard about a pirate apprentice that has sold out countless secrets, from criminal gangs to entire kingdoms. Now quit reading my mind!" Luffy only shook his head,

"You need to empty your mind more often or else keep those gay thoughts to yourself." The pirate captain responded coolly and his crew chuckled at Franky's embarrassed look. "But we do need to talk because I have an offer that you have waited years to hear."

"Out with it." Franky finally said with his face mad red still.

"I have a ship made in the East Blue that has made it here so far but won't last in the New World. We have enough money for Adam Wood with plenty leftover." Luffy started and then shook Franky's world when, "I want you, to make your dream ship with the wood and our main vessel as an understudy." The Straw Hats hid their shock, hoping that their captain knows what he is doing.

All Franky could hear was 'you make your dream ship'. Time seemed to slow down with that statement echoing. But the large man shook his head, "First you walk in my home like you own it, threaten my family and now lie to me!? My dream died when that idiot got run over by a freaking train! Besides, I am not a shipwright anymore! I am a bounty hunter, a criminal, a dismantler! I don't make ships, I take them apart to sell the scraps! You went to the wrong man!"