Chapter 14

Claireese's POV

Connor decided to take me to Panera, which is to die for by the way, and then to the Santa Monica Pier. So now we're at Panera just eating our food and making small talk. I decided that I should bring up the whole NYU thing later as opposed to now, I just want to ruin our date today. It has been a while since we have hung out just the two of us, usually we're with the gang. I like it, not having to worry about anybody but ourselves, just enjoying eachothers company. Connor and I finished our food and headed of to the pier. We went on a whole bunch of rides, ate again and walked along the shore. At around 10 Connor took me home and here we are now, in the car with silence surrounding us.

"Connor, we need to talk," I finally manage to get out.

"Uhm, okaay?" He says uncertainly.

"I need you to be honest with me okay? Don't lie to spare my feelings and don't sugar coat anything, got it?" I clarify with him.

"I promise," He confirms.

"Are you against me going to NYU?" I ask.

"Yes," He responds after a while.

"Why?" I ask trying to keep calm.

"Honestly, I don't want you to go. I will miss you, I'm taking a semester off and staying in California for a bit longer. I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with it because honestly I'm not and that's why I have been so distant," He explains.

"Connor, I understand where you are coming from, but this is my career, my future we're talking about, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't give that up for anything. You either accept the fact that I'm leaving in two weeks or you don't," I tell him.

"That's the thing I just can't!" He yells exsasperatedly.

"Connor! Take my dreams into consideration! If this was you, I would support you 100% no matter how far we are apart! I need you to do the same," I cry out.

"I-i-i I just can't, I'm sorry Claire, but I can't" He says.

"So what does this mean?" I whisper already knowing the answer.

"I guess this is it, but just know you were one of the only girlfriends I truly cared about in such a little amount of time," He tells me.

"Bye Connor, I'm going to miss you," I respond giving a kiss on the cheek and getting out of the car to go inside the house. 

I get inside and instantly run up the stairs and flop on my bed and cry. Ignoring all the knocks and pleads from my family I shove my headphones in my ear and blast on sad music to go with my sad aura. I can't believe we seriously just ended like that, I never thought he would actually do this to me. 

Connor's POV

After I left her home for mine I just stormed inside and just went straight to my room. I didn't eat, sleep, read, nothing. I just laid down on my bed thinking of all the fun memories we had. I know it was a dick move to let her go that easily, but I just couldn't take the pain. In two weeks she will be gone and I can't do that. I planned on taking a semester off for her, hoping she would stay in state and go to UCLA, UCSD, or Berkley. Not all the way to New York. I really will miss her, but I have to let her go, I can't be selfish right now. It was the only way I could let her leave, I may regret it but she will go many places and I need to let her do that.

~.~.~.~

OhEmGee! So I have been waiting for these chapters and the next chapters will be jucier and better!

~XoXo Natania<3