Chapter 24

Claireese’s POV

Ah, Santa Monica beach. It’s so beautiful. Sure the waves can be a little weak, but today it’s perfect. As we all set up our spots on the beach I take in my surroundings, salty water, yummy food on the pier, the chirp of the birds; everything. It’s so different from the last time I came here which was my birthday.

“Hey guys, has anything changed at this pier?” I ask.

“No, besides the fact they opened up a Taco Bell and that one coffee place,” Andrea tells me.

“It’s so different here, after spending almost two years in the east coast, you kinda forget about living in the west coast,” I confess.

“Well enough talk about that, let’s get in the water!” Jenn exclaims.

We all take our clothes off leaving the guys in swim trunks and girls in bikini. I was mostly paying attention to Aiden and his drool worthy abs, oh how I’m a sucker for abs. We head off into the water and must I say it’s pretty cold. After five minutes of staying still I get used to it and go deeper, but then feel hands wrap around my waist.

“Oh hello Aiden,” I say.

“Hello gorgeous,” He responds making me blush a bit.

You would think after going out for almost a year I wouldn’t blush at his pet names for me, but I still do. A lot of things Aiden does make me blush. After a few hours I get tired and pruned I get out of the water bumping into Acacia. She looks good; different. Her hair is no longer blonde, but a dark brown with a red tint. I like it, it suits her honestly. She has taken up a grungier look, she looks gorgeous. Now I pretty sure you’re wondering why I’m complimenting her, but we made up through twitter. She apologized for her behavior and I forgave her, we can’t live in the past forever.

“Acacia!” I yelled making her turn my way.

“Claireese, oh my gosh I totally forgot you were coming home this summer! How are you?” She asks.

“I’m good, how are you?” I ask her this time.

“Great! Life has been good, you know? Are you going to VidCon?” She asks me.

“Shoot, I knew I forgot to do something!” I tell her.

“Don’t worry about it, I have two guest of guest tickets so you can have them for you and your boyfriend,” She says while wiggling her eyebrows. “So where is the lovely boyfriend?”

“Right here,” Aiden says while wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek.

“Aiden this is Acacia, Acacia this is Aiden,” I introduce.

“Hi, I’ve heard a lot about you,” Acacia says while shaking his hand.

“Same,” Aiden replies giving her the cold shoulder; I haven’t kept him up to date on our friendship.

“Aiden, Acacia and I our friends now, she apologized and I forgave her. No need to be rude,” I tell him seriously.

“Sorry, it’s just all she told me about you was the things you did in the past so I’m not sure how to act since I wasn’t informed of your new found friendship,” He smiles politely.

“No problem, I guess I kinda deserved it,” She says looking down guiltily.

“Acacia, I forgave you, that was the past and I’m putting it behind us to be friends. You have nothing to be ashamed of anymore,” I tell her honestly while pulling her in for a hug.

“Thanks Claire,” She says honestly.

“No problem, by the way were you invited to my coming home party?” I ask.