Ch. 11-That's Berry

Ch. 11-That's Berry

*Danielle's POV

"Niall?" I asked, taking a step back from the boy. "Yeah." Said Niall, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "What do you want?" I snapped. "I just wanted to see if you were okay." Niall replied.

"I have a phone you know." I said coldly, sitting back down. Niall ignored me, and went to Max. "Is he okay?" asked Niall. I shrugged, "He has a concussion."

"Aw." Said Niall. "Why is a kitten sitting on him?" asked Niall, referring to Berry.

"Oh, that's Berry. My kitten." I replied. "I saw a sign that said no pets," Said Niall, raising his eyebrows. "Look at Danielle, being a rebel today." Niall added. I rolled my eyes, and picked at my nail polish.

""Who's his mum anyhow?" asked Niall, staring at my baby. "My friend Sydney." I lied again. I hope she'll be okay with me using her name and story. "Oh." Said Niall, turning back to me. "He's really cute." Said Niall, smiling a goofy smile.

I shook my head, lightly laughing. "What's so funny?" asked Niall. "Oh, nothing." I stopped laughing. "And how did you know I was here?" I asked Niall. "Uh," said Niall, "Liam had one more thing of yours, and he wanted me to drop it off. I saw the ambulance on it's way here."

"Oh." I said. "What was it?"

"What was what?" asked Niall, looking confused. "The thing Liam had to drop off." I replied, holding out my hands, and standing up. "Oh." Said Niall, pulling one hand out of his pocket. Between his fingers was an envelope. It read:

To my love, Liam

Love, Dani

It's the letter I wrote Liam on our one year anniversary. He gave back the one he wrote me, and now he's giving back the one I wrote him? I guess we really are over. "Thanks." I whispered, taking the folded envelope from him.

I put the letter on my chair, and dropped my sweater on top of it. I can't look at that letter. I put a lot of thought and love into that letter. I looked up quotes that described our relationship. I expressed my love for that man. Now, it was for nothing.

"You okay?" asked Niall. I looked up at the roof, facing away from Niall. I took a few deep breaths. When I turned back around, Niall was standing there with open arms. I took one look at Niall's comforting smile, and began to sob.

I rushed into Niall's embrace. He wrapped his arms around me, and held me close. I put my head in the crook of his neck, and sobbed into his t-shirt. "It'll be okay Dani." Said Niall, as he rubbed my back soothingly. "No it won't." I choked out, hiccupping.

"Liam," Hiccup. "Loves Soph," Hiccup. "ia." I finished, not able to control myself anymore. "Listen Danielle." Said Niall, holding my shoulders. He pulled me out of his embrace, so he could look into my eyes. "Look at me." Said Niall, as I avoided his eyes.

He lifted my chin so I was looking at him. "Just yesterday, Liam was telling me he wasn't having feelings for Sophia anymore." Niall told me. "Why does it matter?" I asked, stomping my foot like a whiny toddler at the candy store.

"It's not like Liam will dump her, and run right back to me." Niall sighed. "Danielle," he said, "You're not listening to me." I pouted, "Yes I am, Niall!" I exclaimed. "But what you're saying doesn't matter!"

"Yeah?" asked Niall, "Then why did Liam tell me he still loved you? Right after he told me he doesn't love Sophia?"

"Because," I said, shaking Niall's hands off my shoulders. "That was before he found out Max was our son." Niall's eyes widened. "What?" he asked, shaking his head and blinking a few time's. "Uh," I mumbled, trying to think up my excuse. "I just meant..."

"You just meant what?" asked Niall, trying to put everything together. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Niall." I whispered. "But I only told Eleanor, Louis, Perrie and Liam in the past two days."

"So that's what all the drama was about?" asked Niall, taking a deep breath. "Yeah." I replied quietly. Niall put his hands on the end of Max's bed. "I guess he does kinda have Liam's face shape." Said Niall, smiling at the boy.

"That's the only thing that's a similarity." I said. "Everything else doesn't look like Liam or me." Niall nodded, "He's pretty cute though." I smiled, "Thanks." Niall moved his hands from the bed.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you while you were pregnant. I could have brought you things, like ice cream, and movies and things and stuff to lighten you up. You had nobody.... Right?"

"Yeah." I whispered. "But it's not your fault in any way. I chose not to tell anyone." Niall shrugged, "I could have at least bothered to come over once in awhile, or we could have hung out. Just because you and Liam broke up doesn't mean we can't be friends."

"Liam and I broke up a long time ago." I said, wiping the last of the tears off my face. I tried to regain my dignity. "I know you did." Said Niall. "But he still has feelings." Said Niall. "Not after last night." I muttered. "It was just a little fight." Niall tried to convince me.

"Sorry Niall," I said, "I'm never ever, ever, ever getting back together with Liam." Niall began to smile, and shake his head at the ground. "What?" I asked, raising my arms and dropping them at my sides. "Like that Taylor Swift song," said Niall, as he began to belt out 'We are never ever Getting Back Together'.

"Niall, just go home." I said, pointing to the door. "Fine," said Niall, sticking his nose in the air. "But sending me home is your loss." He said, as he slowly walked back to the door. "Bye Niall." I said. "Fine." Said Niall, putting his hand on the doorknob. "Niall?" I asked quietly.

He turned around, "Yes Danielle?" he asked. Without warning, I ran toward him, hugging him tightly. "Thank-you for being here for me." I whispered. "No problem." Said Niall, hugging me back. "Now, I better go." Said Niall, opening the door. I released him, and said goodbye.

He winked at me, and left. I smiled, sighing. He's a great best friend. I walked back to my chair, and saw the letter I'd wrote Liam. My mood immediately dampened. I picked up the letter, and tossed it onto the ground. I sat down, and took Max's hand in mine.

"I love you baby," I whispered, "We don't need your daddy. We're fine all by ourselves."

Liam James Payne

+

Danielle Claire Peazer

=

Max Ethan Payne