Ch. 44-Telling Him

Ch. 44-Telling Him

*Danielle's POV

I left the hospital in shock. It's just starting to sink in that I now have two children. I have a son, and a daughter. I'm now responsible for two small lives. I'm their mum. Two children to feed and bathe. Two children to love and care for. Two children to teach what's right, and what's wrong.

I'm making Violet drive home, because I don't trust myself right now. My mind is too busy wandering.

"Violet," I said, once we hit a red light. "Can you actually take me to the mall or something? I want to buy some clothes for Madison right now. It's all I can think about." Violet nodded, "Of course." Violet hasn't said much to me after we left. She knows I'm really fragile right now. I can't believe Max isn't my biological baby.

I genuinely thought that Max got his character traits from Liam and I. Guess I was wrong.

*

I lay down in my bed. I finished Maddie's shopping. I got her a bunch of clothes. I also picked up some new clothes for Max, since he's growing so big. I also let Max pick out some new toys while we were shopping. I don't want him to feel like Madison's any more important than him. That's one of the main things that are worrying me.

Madison is no more special than Max. Max is my baby, and I love him. I don't know how many times I've said that now, but it's absolutely true. I actually am really excited for September 30th

It'll be Madison and Max's 2nd birthday. I'll throw them a huge birthday party with pony rides, a huge cake, snacks, games and a bounce house. It'll be awesome.

When I was shopping, I also had to double up on the diapers, wipes, and baby foods. I had to buy a crib for Madison, a dresser for Madison, blankets for Madison, a rocking chair for Madison's room, toys for Madison, a nightlight for Madison, a pacifier for Maddie, and so much more.

I pretty much bought Madison everything Max has, but in different colors and styles. It's kind of like Madison and Max are twins. Born the same day, around the same time. They just don't look alike.

I decided that since I have to renovate a bedroom for Madison, I'm going to take Max out of the storage closet too. Two new bedroom projects. Madison's bedroom is going to be light blue and light pink. Max chose the color for his bedroom. He wants red and blue. I bought the paint this evening too.

I still have to call Eleanor and Perrie to tell them about Madison. Right now Violet is the only person who knows, along with me. I don't want this to be a big deal, like when everyone found out about Max. I'm not trying to hide Madison.

I'm going to invite Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn, Harry, Violet, Perrie, and Eleanor over to help me with the bedroom renovations. It'll be a decorating and painting party. Both Madison and Max's new bedrooms are on the same floor as my bedroom. Which is good because when they wake me up in the middle of the night, I don't want to have to go the basement to get them.

Yes, this house has a basement. But the basement is dark and scary. There's one bedroom and an old laundry room. I use the laundry room on the main floor though. For all I know, there could be a bunch of rats and bugs down there. I haven't been down there since I bought the house.

It's scary, and smells like death.

I rolled over in my bed, breathing in the scent of my pillows. They smell like my perfume. I'm glad my pillows don't smell like death. Yes, I know what death smells like too. If you didn't remember, I had to bury my dead kitten. Right now I just want to get some sleep. It's hard for me to fall asleep though.

My mind can't stop thinking about Max and Madison. I told myself that I'd tell Liam about Maddie tonight.

I forced myself to sit up. I leaned against the end of my bed, and stared at my house phone. I have one house phone in the kitchen, and one in my bedroom. I should call Liam, right? It's his child this is concerning. He'd be angry if I didn't tell him. I reached forward for the phone, and pulled it off the hanger.

I began dialing Liam's phone number. I pressed talk, and pressed the phone to my ear. I chewed on my fingernails as I waited for Liam to pick up. "Hello?" Liam's voice asked finally. Please don't let this be Liam's damn voicemail again. "Hey Liam, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Of course, babe." Said Liam. Phew.

"Actually... Do you think you could come over? I kinda want to tell you this in person."

"Are you and Max okay, Danielle?" Asked Liam in a concerned tone.

"Yeah," I coughed, "We're fine. I just need to tell you this in person. It's important."

"I'll be there in 10 minutes tops." Said Liam in a heroic voice.

"Thanks Li." I smiled.

"See you soon." Said Liam, hanging up.

Sighing, I ended the call. I put the house phone on the bed beside me. I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, and went to photos. I scrolled through them until I found the photo I was looking for. It's a picture I took of Madison when we were in the hospital.

I wanted this picture, so I could show Liam how Madison looks like us. I don't know if he'd believe me otherwise. I lay in my bed, flicking back and forth between a photo of Max, and a photo of Madison. They're my children. I love them to death.

Finally, I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket when I heard the door knock. I rolled off my bed, and went down the stairs to answer the door.

I pulled it open, and immediately was met with Liam's caramel-chocolate eyes. The exact same eyes Madison has. "Hey," I said bashfully, opening the door wider. "Hey." Said Liam, hands in his pockets. "Come in," I said, motioning inside the door. "Thanks." He said, coming inside and kicking off his shoes.

"So, what's going on?" Asked Liam, walking into the living room and sitting down in my recliner. I moved my basket of laundry from the sofa onto the floor, and took a seat. "Um..." I whispered, as I got comfortable. "Have you ever wondered why Max doesn't look like us?"

Liam glanced up at the roof, thinking. "Yeah, I guess so. He's blonde, we're brunette. He has ocean blue eyes, we have brown. Even the facial features are kinda different." Said Liam, coming to a realization that our son doesn't share our looks.

Liam turned back to me, waiting for me to continue. "Well... There's a reason for that." I whispered. "What is it, love?" Asked Liam, leaning forward. I gulped. Here it goes...

"Liam," I whispered, shaking my head. "Max was switched at birth. He's not our baby."

Scraped this up ;)

QOTD: Do you like the book so far?

Love you xo

Liam James Payne

+

Danielle Claire Peazer

=

Max Ethan Payne