Ch. 76-Fort

Ch. 76-Fort

*Danielle's POV

"Mum, I'm hungry." Max whined. "Me too." Madison joined in. I groaned and looked towards the doorway of the kitchen, where they were standing. "I'm making dinner right now, just go and finish watching the TV program I put on for you." I walked over to them and kissed each of them on the forehead.

Max nodded and sighed. "Come on Maddie." He started pulling Madison towards the living room. "Mum, finish cooking quickly!" She yelled at me before Max had dragged her into the living room. I quietly laughed at my babies actions.

I walked over to the oven and put the oven gloves on which were rested on top of the kitchen counter. I made macaroni cheese and it should be done by now. I opened the oven and pulled the golden meal out. I put the macaroni onto the kitchen counter to cool while I got the other things ready.

I walked over to the cupboard and pulled out my kids' matching sippy cups. Max's was blue and green and Madison's was purple and pink. Even though I adopted Madison a while back, I still go crazy with matching their things up. I find it cute when they have the same things.

"Madison! Max! Water or juice?!" I yelled from the kitchen as I started washing the sippy cups. "I want apple juice! Maddie, water!" Max shouted back for both of them. I nodded even though they couldn't see me and filled Madison's sippy cup with water from the tap. I put her cup down onto her high chair as I walked over to the fridge.

I pulled out the apple juice carton and filled Max's cup with the juice. I put the carton away, shut the fridge and walked to the high chairs. I put Max's sippy cup down.

Sighing, I walked over to the macaroni I had set down to cool. Having two kids and being pregnant is really hard work. I can't imagine what it'd be like when baby #3 comes into existence. I laid a hand down on my stomach. "You are gonna be a lucky baby having siblings like Max and Madison." I smiled. I love my kids so much and there's no words to describe it.

I turned my focus back to getting the food ready for my babies. I got two plates and a big spoon out of the cupboard and set them down. I wasn't going to eat now because I had ate earlier. I put the plates down and started scooping some food onto them. After I was satisfied with how much food there was on each plate, I put a fork on each plate, picked them up and set them down onto the high chairs.

"Maddie! Max! Food's ready!" I called. I heard some footsteps before Max and Madison entered the kitchen. My baby girl ran over to me and held her hands up indicating she wanted to be picked up to be put in her high chair. I nodded and lifted her up, putting her into her chair and then repeating my movements for Max. They started eating immediately as I sat down on a kitchen chair.

"You're not eating." Max observed setting his fork down. As well as Max being protective over Madison, he's been protective over me because he's afraid I've been hurt severely by Liam. I smiled. "Don't worry baby, I ate earlier. You carry on eating." I told him, ruffling his hair. "You sure?" He tilted his head to the side. "100%." I grinned. He grinned along with me and then started eating again.

Thunder was heard from outside a few minutes later and Madison whimpered. "What's wrong, baby?" I asked her even though I knew she was afraid of thunder. "So loud," She whispered. "Its scary." She stopped eating. "Don't worry, its fine. Just thunder, it can't hurt you because you're inside. Plus, I wouldn't let anyone hurt my babies." I smiled and kissed Madison's hair and them Max's forehead. Maddie smiled and returned back to her food.

Max just squirmed. "I'm a big boy, nothing can hurt me. I protect you, you don't protect me." He pouted. I laughed lightly. "Okay, my very handsome big boy." I shook my head smiling. He returned to his food satisfied.