Ch. 26-Ignoring

Ch. 26-Ignoring

*Liam's POV

I walked into Zayn and Perrie's place. My only intention of the night is finding Danielle, and telling her I love her. Zayn greeted me with a smile, and a quick hello. "Hey mate." I said, not even looking at him. My eyes were occupied, scanning the room, looking for Danielle. I know she's here. She has to be.

"Hey." Zayn replied. That was pretty much all, as I wandered inside. Zayn moved on to greet the next guest. My eyes scanned each person in the room. Danielle, Danielle, Danielle... My eyes met Jade and Jesy. Jade has Max... Danielle can't be far.

Where is she? I recognized many faces in the room. Mostly friends. Uncle Simon, Ed Sheeran, Michael Buble singing on the stage, our mates from 5SOS. Finally, I saw Danielle's beautiful self at the refreshment table.

She had a long, lacy red gown on. Her hair was down casually in a fishtail braid. Light pink-nude lipstick, black mascara and jet-black eyeliner finished her look. I couldn't tell what shoes she was wearing, but they're probably beautiful. Everything about Danielle is beautiful.

Danielle turned towards where I saw standing. She noticed me, and quickly turned around. I made my way towards her. She had her head down, looking at the refreshment tables' tablecloth. What should I say to the girl I dumped when she was pregnant with my baby?

"You look amazing." I said, parking my feet behind her. I stood still, waiting to see if she'd turn around. I clasped my hands behind my back, and rocked on my heels.

She didn't turn.

I stood awkwardly. What should I do? What can I say to make her forgive me? I turned back around, and scratched my neck. I spotted Harry talking with Ed. I awkwardly walked over. "Hey Ed," I said, standing beside Harry. "Hey mate," He said, smiling. "Merry Christmas."

"You too." I replied. "How've you been?" I asked. "Great." Ed replied, nodding. "Uh, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked Harry, putting a hand on his shoulder. Ed nodded, "Go ahead guys, I'll go find Niall. He has yet to introduce me to his girlfriend." Ed winked, and walked away.

"What's going on?" Asked Harry, picking up a deviled egg from a waitress walking past. He winked at the waitress, and gave her thumbs up. She blushed, pulling her auburn hair behind her ear and scurried off.

He popped it into his mouth, and waited for me to talk. He tried to look focused, but his eyes watched the waitress as she stopped at Zayn's mum to give her one of the snacks.

"I need to get Danielle back." I said confidently, trying to get Harry's attention back. "What?" Asked Harry, his word muffled. He struggled to swallow the whole ordure. Finally, he gulped it down. "What?" He repeated. "Danielle's here." I said. "I know," Harry said, "I rode with her in the limo to get here."

"And to make matters worse, she won't look at me," I sighed to Harry, "What do I do?"

"Well," Said Harry, "I know she misses you for sure." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why'd you think that?"

"Because." Said Harry, "So we were in the limo getting here this evening. Niall's sitting with Violet, kissing her, and holding her hand and doing couple stuff. Louis is with Eleanor, doing the same things, and both couples are color coordinated." I nodded, saying 'go on'.

"Then it's just Danielle and I alone, with no person to coordinate with." Said Harry. "So?" I asked. "I watched Danielle look at the couples with envy and sadness. Then she asked me if I wanted to coordinate with her, and be her date, because my tie matches her dress."

Does Harry like Danielle? Please God, no.

"What did you say?" I asked nervously. "I said sure." Harry replied, "When she asked me to be her 'date', she was trying to sound upbeat and excited, but when I moved to sit beside her I could tell she wished I was you."