||33||

"You're in the jounin finals?" I asked as I followed Choro through the arena, "wait... Why didn't I know you were in the jounin exams?"

"Because you were training when they began and I thought you should catch up with your family a bit more before I told you," Choro told me, we reached the Kage booth, "this is your stop."

"Right, well I wish you luck Choro, my man," I shot him a thumbs up and grinned before returning to my lazy state and entering the Kage booth where the Hokage, Kazekage and the Raikage sat. The Kazekage and Riakage had a guard with them, the Hokage, however, did not.

"I guess that's why I'm here," I muttered to myself before kneeling at the side of Lord Thirds seat, he looked at me and smiled.

"Finally, Shikarei, I thought you weren't going to arrive," he said a rather annoyed tone that he gives Naruto from time to time evident on his voice.

"Sorry, Choro didn't tell me where I was going and so I refused to leave bed," I replied honestly before standing and looking around, "there's not as many as there was when I became jounin."

"Times are different now, Shikarei," Lord Third told me, I sighed and nodded. There isn't a war hitting our walls this time.

"Anyway, Lord Raikage, Lord Kazekage, allow me to introduce you to one of my most trusted ninja," the two kage and their guards looked over to us, I bowed, "this is Shikarei Nara."

"The master of the shadows, hm?" the Kazekage looked at me, his dark eyes glimmering with something that was not friendly in any way.

"I guess that's what they call me," I replied with a weak laugh before looking across the stands and noticing Asuma, Kurenai, Kakashi, Ren and Guy all just stood in the booth across the way from where I was stood.

Kurenai waved and I nodded before looking at the kage again.

"This is my brother, B," the raikage introduced the man behind me.

"Yeah, my name is Killer B, yo, fool ya fool," the so-called B guy rapped terribly.

"This is Temari, she's my daughter," the Kazekage gestured to the younger girl. She was interesting, hair in four partitions.

"How old are you?" I asked her as she adjusted the giant fan on her back.

"9," she replied, looking away nervously.

I hummed at the sight.

"She really admires you, Shikarei Nara," the Kazekage told me, I nodded and smiled before turning serious and standing beside the Hokage, watching the matches.

°🥢°

Match after match and no one was entertaining me.

The crowd seemed rather entertained though.

"Choro Akimichi vs Inoiché Yamanaka."

"Whoa-- they both passed," I gawked at the sight in disbelief.

"They're quite exceptional shinobi," Lord Third commented, "it's quite unfortunate that they are fighting each other, both would be great jounin."

"Yes, but as a member of their team, I already know that Choro has the leverage on this fight because Inoiché is stronger at his mind techniques, but we figured out how to avoid them and get hits on the Yamanaka," I told him, confident in what I was saying, "and no, I am not telling. It's our secret card."

"Smart."

I watched as Choro and Inoiché bowed to each other before getting into offensive stances.

First it was still, nothing really happened, but then Choro clapped his hands together and expanded into a giant boulder, rolling around and clearly watching Inoiché with sharp eyes, waiting for the opening moment.

Inoiché turned and pivoted, watching Choro almost as closely before deciding he'd use one of his techniques.

He did a move but missed Choro as the Akimichi went digging right down low below the ground before coming up again under Inoiché's feet, shocking the blonde and causing him to loose balance.

Choro shrunk back down to his normal size and then grabbed Inoiché's hands and spread his arms out so that Inoiché had no chance to do any handsigns.

I leaned forward and placed my hands on the edge of the kage booth, watching with narrow eyes.

I had to get every move, every mistake, every success.

The two just stared into each others eyes and growled.

"Partial expansion jutsu!" Choro shouted loud enough to be heard way up here this time, his arms growing and raising up, lifting Inoiché in the process.

Inoiché kicked his feet up and smashed his heels down into the joints of Choro's arms, forcing the boy to drop him and jump away.

"Mind transfer jutsu!"

Inoiché's body dropped loudly to the floor and the mental fight between Choro and Inoiché started.

"Shikarei, what's happening?" Lord third asked.

"I won't tell you the specific on how to achieve what Choro is currently doing but to make them not look like they're playing musical statues minus the music I'll tell you that they're mentally fighting. You see Inoiché is different, his skills expand to psychological war. I dealt with the troublesome job of helping him create and perfect this jutsu," I replied, crossing my arms, "it's like fighting out here but instead it's inside of the victims mind."

"What happens to the loser?" the Raikage asked.

"That," I pointed to Inoiché's body jerking forward in a pained way, "Inoiché's soul slipped back to his body and now his body is gaining all the injuries he faced in the battle in Choro's body."

"Interesting..." the Raikage commented, "you sure you won't explain?"

"Never. Strictly Ino Shika Cho business," I bluntly responded, "you couldn't get it out of me even if you tortured me."