||79||

Three weeks later_

"Shikarei, a mission," Tsunade stopped me in the middle of the street when I was walking with Himari and Choro.

"But..." I trailed off, "it's Hima--"

"It's important," she looked to me seriously. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Choro," I looked to him.

"Don't worry, I've got her, just be back for her party. It's at 4, OK?" he tells me, I nod and kiss Himari's head before following Tsunade.

Of all days she wants to give me my first mission in ages, it's on Himari's birthday. Go figure!

I rolled my eyes as we walked to her office, and she threw a folder at me once we were in.

"Someone is hanging around the perimeter of the village. Bring them in please," she tells me. I nod and leave the office.

Why did she bring me to her office just to say that and why did she give me a folder with literally only that information in it?

I'm annoyed.

°🥢°

"There's no one out here," I mumbled to myself with a sigh as I finished walking my fourth lap around the outside of the village gate.

"One eye... Two eye... Three eye... We all die..." a voice sung creepily from behind me, I turned around to see nothing was there.

Quickly, I shook my head and continued walking. Smart thing to do would be to get out of this forest and onto the main road so that Kotetsu and Izumo can see me if something totally crappy happens.

"Eye of time... Eye of Time... Come to me... The eyes of time," the voice came from my right this time. I snapped my head in that direction, nothing was there at all, so I turned around to see behind me, nothing, to my left, nothing, in front of me... A man with similar eyes to mine but the blue was only in his iris. His hair was literally dancing fire, and his skin was burned to hell and back.

"Who are you?" I asked, "no-- you must be our lurker. Come with me, my Hokage wants to see you."

"Hokage?" he repeated, "I don't think so."

"Alright," I nodded, "guess we'll do this the hard way then."

"No, I don't we will," he said, I frowned and let go of the ring of the kunai I was grabbing.

"What?" I asked, looking at him weirdly, "who even are you?"

"Xire Koni," he replied.

"Xire Koni-- wait, Koni?" I looked at him, "related Hayate Koni?"

He expression now mirrored mine.

"What? How do you know my younger brother?" he asked now seeming like a normal person, "how do you know Hayate?"

"I trained with him for a while," I replied, "he told me to tell any Koni 'the river still flows red' whatever that means."

His eyes flashed and suddenly the glowing blue iris cleared and in their place was a natural green. Suddenly his insane appearance seemed to disappear.

"Still flows, huh?" his voice suddenly dropped much deeper than it was before, "thanks. Sorry about that. People want your eyes, and I was hired to get them, but... Well, I've changed mind. I'll get out of your hair. Mind telling Hayate something for me?"

"Go ahead?" I replied.

"The stream is turning black, the rain drops are on the move," he told me before turning and taking a step before seemingly disappearing in the wind.