||65||

Two years later_

"Shikarei!" Tsunade came running over to me out of nowhere, "oh and little Himari."

"Hewo granny tsunadway," Himari waved to Tsunade.

"What's the matter?" I asked her as she picked up Himari and let her play with her hair.

"Naruto should be home any day now," she told me.

"You'd be surprised to know that I do know that," I nodded, "actually Master Jiraiya sent a message to me saying they'll be back today or tomorrow, it depends on how fast they walk."

"Why did you get that message and not me?" she mumbled, I just shrugged and continued walking beside her, "anyway, I was bringing that up because of the Akatsuki."

"You think now that Naruto is staying in one place, they'll try their luck and take him?" I concluded, she nodded.

"We need to be cautious," she told me, "I want you to watch the Akatsuki again."

"You're mad," I shook my head, "isn't Master Jiraiya watching them?"

"He is," she nodded, "but it seems that you are really good at collecting information."

"Listen," I stopped and took Himari from her hands, "You're my Hokage, but I'm a mother now. I can't just go doing risky things and throwing my life away. Especially because of the blood that's running through her veins."

"She's three, Shikarei, three! I'm sure you can finally start doing something. Don't think I have noticed that you're slowly becoming unfit," she pressed.

"Fuck you," I turned and walked away, "go find someone else to do your suicide mission."

"Lord Third and Lord Fourth would've been disappointed!" she shouted, I stopped and turned to her.

"Let them be disappointed. I need to look out for my family, and I will," I told her before continuing to walk away.

"Is that you? Big sis Shikarei?" a familiar voice I haven't heard in a while shouted, I turned to see a blonde in orange.

"Naruto!" I smiled, "welcome home! It's been a while. You've grown!"

"Yeah! I'm almost as tall as you," he grinned before noticing Himari, "who's this?"

"My daughter, Naruto this is Himari, Himari this is Naruto," I introduced the two, "watch out, she likes pulling hair. She has an iron grip, doesn't let go either."

"Nawootoe?" Himari managed to grab his hair and start pulling on it.

"You weren't lying-- Ah- release me small child!" he shouted, I smiled and managed to get her to release him, "phew-- thanks. How old is she?"

"Three," I replied, "she'll be four in a few months."

"Invite me to her party," he grinned, "oh hey-- feel like getting ramen today?"

"Today?" I hummed, "I'll ask if Shikamaru would like to come along too."

"Sakura and Kakashi sensei will be there too!" he exclaimed.

"You know what," I smiled, "why don't you and your team catch up, I'll take you out to barbecue with my team and Shika's."

"I'll take that," he nodded, "anyway I need to go to see granny Tsunade. See you later, Shikarei and Himari!"

"Bye," I waved.

"Nawootoe?" Himari looked up at me, I smiled and continued walking to the Yamanaka household.

Naruto felt strangely a bit more... mature?

He's grown well under Jiraiya's tutelage, I'm proud of him. Truly.