||100||

Chapters will be longer from now on to assure that this stays as one book and doesn't go off into multiple (there's a 200-chapter limit - it sucks)

°🥢°

"Brr," Choro rubbed his arms as we reached the Land of Iron, "so cold."

"Stop complaining," I rolled my eyes, "it's only a bit of snow."

"A bit?!" Inoiché looked at me with wide eyes, "you stupid? The whole place is covered in layers of snow and ice."

"Drama queens," I rolled my eyes again.

"Will you stop complaining?!" Temari shot back, she was giving the two boys with me an annoyed look.

"Now look what you've done, you've got someone younger than us lecturing us!" Inoiché shot at Choro.

"Shut up," I whacked their heads, "You're just being a nuisance."

"Aw... Shikarei that's so mean..." they both whined.

"Just shut up," I grumbled.

°🥢°

"Temari and Shikarei will come in with me," Gaara stated, "but you'll have to change."

"That's alright," I nodded, he passed me some Sunagakure clothes, and I went out of sight and changed.

This material is kind of... scratchy...

"Whoa-- who are you and what have you done to Shikarei?" Choro joked as I walked out.

"Alright, if Danzo will be here, I'm going to need to hide my face or he'll recognise me and then who knows what he'll do if he sees me dressed up as a sand nin," I ignored Choro and focused on the problem.

"Right," Temari nodded before thinking and then remembering something, "here, wrap this around your eyes."

"My eyes?!" I repeated, "I'll be as good as blind..."

"Yeah well your eyes kind of... stick out," Inoiché reminded me.

"Damn it," I sighed before taking the piece of material she was holding out to me and wrapped it tightly around my eyes.

"We'd say you could use transformation jutsu and turn into Kankuro but we all know you suck at keeping a transformation jutsu up for long periods of time and who knows when you'll come out," Choro reminded me, "plus I don't think you'll be able to mimic Kankuro. So, becoming the silent mystery sand nin is probably our best course of action."

"You're right, but it doesn't make this any more fun," I sighed, "I'm going to have to keep sending out chakra waves to have an idea of my surroundings. Can you see the glow?"

"No," Kankuro replied, "there's no trace of it. And I'd say, if I hadn't seen you recently, I probably wouldn't recognise you too easily. I'd probably just pass it off as a coincidence. You didn't see Danzo recently, did you?"

"Uh--" I turned my head away and awkwardly laughed, "... Maybe..."

"Shikarei!" Inoiché hit my head.

"We had a stand-off before we left the village, alright?" I sighed, "he was annoying me and Ryuzo... Oh by the way, we don't need paying for the escort. Just being away from that man is payment enough. Even if it was for a short period of time."

"Alright," Gaara replied, "we should go now."

"Remember to stay quiet, Shikarei," Kankuro reminded me as myself, Temari and Gaara started to leave. Kankuro, Inoiché and Choro stayed at the Inn we'd stopped at.