Chapter 24

Jake;

I felt so helpless as I watched Vin laying with a breathing tube down his throat, this was all my fault I'd promised I would be there when he woke up but instead I had to leave because of a pack emergency. Reaching over I took hold of his small hand into mine. Just wishing for him to wake up.

"Jake, maybe you should go lay down you've been here for two weeks I know sleeping in a plastic chair isn't comfortable", said Noah as he waddled into the room.

Noah was about to go into labor any day now, I shook my head making him let out a sigh. He walked to the over side of Vin's bed taking a seat in a blue plastic chair identical to mine. I looked up to see him rubbing his stomach with a smile. That was going to be Vin and me when he woke up.

"Hi.. little bro when are you going to wake up your nephews are going to be here anyday now and everyone misses you especial Jake, god knows that boy hasn't left your side", said Noah as he grabbed hold of Vin's hand choking on his words.

I got up out my seat grabbing a box of tissues walking over to Noah. He took the box giving me a barely hear thank you. Then silence surrounded us as we just sat in the room watching Vinny.

No, one knew why Vin wouldn't wake up Jared had increased the dose of blood which had healed Vin's body back to normal but he just wouldn't wake up. The door squeaked open making Noah and I turn our heads to see Carter, Nirco and Ellie.

"How, are you holding up man", said Carter patting my back.

"Okay", I replied.

"Vin is going to wake up soon, he is a fighter", said Cater.

"Yeah, that he is", spoke Nirco.

I gave a small smile to them both before walking back to the plastic chair that I had been occupying which made everyone in the room frown. Hey fuck it my pregnant mate was laying in one of the pack hospital beds in a coma.

"Jake, I think you should get out and get some fresh air or..", said Carter but before he continue talking Nirco slapped him upside the head.

"Just, shut up you idiot", said Nirco giving his brother a smug look.

"Guys, take that outside now is not the time", scolded Ellie.

"Ahh. could you guys keep it down in here I'm trying to sleep", said the one person I really wanted the one person I really wanted to see right now.

"Vinny", cried everyone as they rushed to his bed while I just stood awestruck when my mates eyes fell upon me.

"Babe", I whispered walking slowly to his bed afraid that this could be a cruel dream I was having, at the moment when I touched him he would scatter like glass but that wasn't what happened. When I touched him he gave a smile that made my heart leap.

"So, what have I missed", said Vin.

Suddenly everyone was talking over each other spilling everything and to be honest I was one of them but Vin didn't complain he just sat back and listened with a smile on his face but I could tell it was forced. My mate was definitely hiding something for me making my stomach turn.

"ake, Jake", he whispered.

"Huh", I asked,"

He laughed I asked ,"can I get a kiss?"

I bent down kissing his lips enjoying the sparks and tinges form us touching, right now I was happy that Vin and our pup were fine later I would worry about that dark look in my mates eyes.