Chapter 32

"Olivia, you need to focus. Come on." Brad snaps his fingers in front of me and I jump. I'm so close to falling asleep and quite frankly nothing and I mean nothing is worse than writing exams when you are sick. I would rather eat dirty socks than write exams when I feel the way I do especially with it being winter as well. Brad and I have been studying non-stop as well.

"My head hurts Brad. I need to take a break." I whine.

"We have an exam in two hours." He's stern.

"Yes. I am well aware of that, thanks." I roll my eyes and I stare at the book, words are just squiggly lines to me now.

"I'll make you some tea." He gets up, kisses my forehead, and heads to the kitchen. I stare at the page a while longer and I think I know enough just to pass the exam.

"It's one more after this. We can do this." He sits next to me again and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Brad?" I cough.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Why, when you said pheo to Nick did he act so weird?" I manage to get out with my hoarse voice and he tenses up for two seconds and lets it go.

"I was drunk Liv. I don't know why I said that." He says softly and he gets up again to finish the tea.

"Come on, we need to finish this." He sits opposite me and we try to study again.

"Okay, we need to go." He closes his book and we head off to university. 

"Your phone is vibrating Olivia." Brad hands it to me while he parks the car.

"Hey, mom." I cough.

"Sick again Liv?" She sounds worried.

"Yeah, I'll be fine don't worry. Can I phone you back? We have an exam in 10 minutes." I cough again and Brad looks at me quite concerned.

"Sure. Good luck." She puts the phone down and I sit there for two seconds with my eyes closed.

"Is it okay if after the exam I just head over to the dean. I need to talk to him and then I'll get some more meds for you and dinner. I will be gone for a while?" He asks as we walk to the examination hall.

"Of course, but what about your car?" I try to give him my best smile but I cough instead.

"Uber. It's fine." He gives me small smile, "Come on sicky, let's ace this exam. One more after this." He motions me inside the room.

"All I've been doing for the past 6 months is write exams." I death stare at him and I take my seat. Let's just do this and get it over and done with. We get handed the exam papers and as I read through it I feel a bit more relaxed as it's a fair paper I guess. Nearing the end of the paper I see Brad already walking out, must be nice to be this smart. I roll my eyes, finish my last question and I hand it in. One more to go, I remind myself and I head to my car. I am exhausted but also hungry. I drive past MacDonalds and luckily the drive-through isn't busy. Nuggs and fries here I come.

"Hey, darling. How was the exam?" My mom asks.

"It was good." I cough again, my throat is so sore.

"Are you drinking your meds?" 

"Yeah, I am. Ni-, I mean Brad went to go get them." I roll my eyes.

"Okay, darling. Get some rest, study tomorrow. I love you." 

"Love you too." I cough again as I put the phone down and I dig into those nuggets.

"Olivia we need to talk." Nick barges into my apartment and I almost choke on my chicken nugget.