Chapter 28

"Can you just stop irritating me, Nick!" I whip his hand away from my ear.

"Not until you say we're friends again." He protests. I sigh and I turn to his smirking face.

"We're not friends. You know where I stand with you. Besides me giving you a ride to campus is me just being nice. Nothing else." He rolls his eyes and pierces his lips together.

"Look who's trying to act all cool with her leather jacket and this attempt to be a 'badass' is just-."

"Excuse me, sir, the man sitting behind you is asking if you can please stop moving around so much." The air hostess interrupts Nick and his face immediately changes ice cold.

"You can tell the man behind me that he has a mouth and can speak to me directly if he has a problem," Nick says, making sure the man behind him can hear what he's saying. My eyes widen a bit and so does the air hostesses. How rude.

"That's unnecessary," I say to him as the air hostess quickly walks away. He rolls his eyes, puts his earphones in his ears and I do the same. I cannot believe he got the seat next to me which he claims was a last-minute cancellation. That definitely is a lie as the flights back to Princeton are usually completely full, and the university is starting again tomorrow so it doesn't make sense. But, here we are, he's being annoying as usual and all I want to do is punch him in the face. I stare at my watch, great, two more hours left. I sigh as I know the responsible thing to do, is to study since my first exam is tomorrow but in order to get my books I need Nick to get up and to move out of the way first. I envy the man sitting next to me by the window, I feel like I'm too squashed and getting too claustrophobic. I turn to quickly stare at Nick, who's leaning on the back of his chair with his eyes closed, earphones in, jaw clenched, lips pierced and his fingers intertwined. I wonder what's going through his dark and twisted head. My eyes gaze down to his legs and yeap, his muscled, toned, and sexy legs are definitely too long for me to pass by without him having to get up or even feel me trying to pass by. My escape can be the bathroom. Perfect. I glance back up at him again and he seems so peaceful though. I lightly poke his arm and nothing happens. I poke him again, this time a bit harder.

"Can you not do that." He retorts and he lifts his head up and stares into my eyes.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"Are you okay?" He frowns, studying my face.

"I just need to pee." I roll my eyes as I take my seatbelt off.

"Sorry for caring." He gets up, slides out of his chair, and motions for me to walk past him.

"Stop caring so much, Nick. I can take care of myself." I straighten up, glance at him, and walk to the bathroom. Man, I hate airplane bathrooms, they are so small and I don't even need to pee. I stare at the mirror for a minute, it's ridiculous how I have to use going to the bathroom as an excuse because if I tell him I'm too claustrophobic he'll switch seats with me and he'll constantly ask if I'm okay and quite frankly I don't need that from him. I take in a deep breath, girl you got this, I tell myself and I walk back. When I reach our row, Nick is on his phone and the other man is sleeping. I look at the overhead compartment opposite our chairs and as I reach up to the clip, I fall backward onto Nick's lap. Damn turbulence. I remain in the same position for a second trying to calm myself down, the universe truly hates me. I stare into his grass-green eyes whilst his hands are around my waist and he has a slight smirk on his face. His eyes travel down to my lips and then back up.

"You okay?" He whispers, I stare at him for a minute longer and I get to my feet again.

"Yeah sorry." I apologize and he gets up, grabs my laptop bag, and hands it to me. Before I can sit he takes the seat in the middle and motions me to sit in his aisle seat.