Chapter 34

"What an asshole. I agree you need to talk to him." Jane stops the car in front of the airport and I jump out, "I'll find parking and meet you there. I also do need to tell Aiden I'm here. Find out what happened and slap him across the face for ending things like this. What a dick." She rolls her eyes and I close the door and she drives off. I turn to the entrance of the airport and I take a deep breath. I need to find out what happened. I walk in and the airport is packed. I don't even know where to begin to find him. I stare at the clock and it says 9:10 am. Thank goodness the flight only leaves at 10. I rush to the self-check-in machines and I scan my passport and my hideous passport picture pops up. It loads all my information and prints out the ticket from Princeton to JFK. I rush to departures only to find a long queue going through security. This is just great, I'm not going to be able to talk to him, am I? 

"Sorry, my flight leaves in less than an hour, can I please cut the queue?" I smile at one of the ladies working at airport security.

"Let me see your ticket?" She glances at it and pierces her lips together.

"Sure. Take your shoes off and follow me. You have priority boarding." She smiles and I follow her to the security entrance with a red carpet. Thank goodness I'm wearing a dress and slops. I place my handbag and shoes in one of the baskets and she motions me to walk through the security point. I walk through and no beep. I quickly wait for the basket.

"Thanks so much." I smile as I put my slops back on and I grab my handbag.

"Only a pleasure. Do you know where the private lounge is? You can wait there until your flight departs." She leads me to the lounge area and there are tons of people looking so excited to go home and so excited for the winter break.

"Here we are." She opens the private lounge room and motions me to go in.

"Thanks so much." I walk in and she smiles and closes it behind me. I walk in to find the most modern reception area with champagne, strawberries, and VOSS bottles on the counter. The noise from all the talking travelers has quietened down and faint classical music is playing and the room is cooler and much calmer.

"Hi, ma'am. Welcome, May I see your tickets." A fancy dressed receptionist asks.

"Sure." I hand her the ticket.

"Miss Bell, you can walk through that door and we'll inform you when you can board." She gives me a slight smile as she places the tickets back in my hand and motions to the large mahogany door.  It doesn't even feel like I'm in the airport anymore. I need to talk to Brad. I open the door and the lounge is beautifully designed with a large window where you can see the airstrip and the plains being fuelled and around the corner is a buffet table full of breakfast including a coffee machine, leather lazy boy couches, TVs, and a bookshelf filled with neatly and color-coded books. I scan the quiet room and I instantly see Brad, sitting there working on his laptop. My heart sinks and I know I have to try my best to not make a scene. I make my way in front of him and I shut his laptop on his lap.

"Olivia wha-." He looks shocked and instantly places the laptop on the side table and gets up. He is dressed in a blue suit with a tie and everything. I instantly slap him across the face and he just clenches his jaw, man that felt good although my hand burns.

"You're awfully nicely dressed for a 17-hour flight to Australia?" I raise my eyebrow and he swallows hard and tries to shake off the sting on his face.

"You need to leave Olivia. Like right now." He puts his hand on my arm and he looks nervous.

"Why? Why did you just dump me?" I try to speak as softly as I can but the couple at the buffet turn and stare at us.