Chapter 36

"Are you ready to go home Liv?" Nick grabs my bag and I get up from the bed and I use the crutches.

"You have no idea." I look up at him and he looks down at my leg and then up at me.

"Are you sure you're fine?" He walks towards me.

"I'm fine Nick." I give him a reassuring smile and we head to the door. I wobble out and thank goodness no one is there with balloons and stuff this time but we need to do that for Aiden. We head outside and a black Porche SUV is parked there. I stare at Nick and he puts his shades on, fixes his leather jacket, and opens the passanger side.

"Who's car is this Nick?" I raise my eyebrow and he helps me get in.

"It's mine." He says arrogantly and shuts the door and places the crutches and bag at the back. He gets in and we head back home in silence, this car is so fancy. He needs to tell me what the hell is going on now. We stop at home and two other black SUVs stand at my house.

"Nick what's going on?" I raise an eyebrow and he clenches his jaw and says nothing and I stare at the two cars.

"Ignore them Liv." He helps me out and hands me the crutches. There is no movement in the cars but there are two men in each. We make our way to the house and I can instantly hear Stormi scratching on the door and barking. Man I've missed her so much.

"Wait, Nick. How did my car get back here from Princeton?" I look at the white Range Rover standing in front of the garage and I look back at Nick.

"I know people." He shrugs and opens the front door. Of course, he does.

"Stormi." Nick bends down to pat her and holds her in order to prevent her from jumping on me but she doesn't, instead she just waits for me to pet her and I make my way inside the house and he drops my bag by the stairs.

"I'll carry you up Liv." He takes his sunglasses off and he looks at my leg again.

"Actually, I want to go to the balcony for a bit." I waddle past him with the crutches and he gently places his arm on me.

"Liv. Dr. Patterson said bed rest." He says sternly. I look at his hand on my arm and then up at him.

"Actually, he said go home and rest. He didn't specify where." I narrow my eyes and he slightly smirks.

"Clever, baby." He winks and we walk towards the balcony and I sit inside my bubble chair and I stare at the ocean. Since it is winter it is a bit chilly and grey clouds cover the sky. It's good to be home I'm not going to lie.

"Here." He places a pillow behind me on the chair and blanket over me, and he just stares at me.

"I'm home now Nick. Start talking."

"Actually. I'm feeling a bit hungry, how abo-."

"Nick." I death stare at him and he moves a chair closer and sits in front of me.

"Okay." He takes a deep breath in and then out, "What do you want to know?" He studies my face and he looks nervous.

"I want to know everything Nick." I raise my eyebrow and he shuts his eyes for a second and nods.

"Okay. I'll start with prom." He pauses, takes a deep breath and starts, "I did get a text from my aunt saying my gran has ovarian cancer. That was true and I mainly flew back to South Africa for that but what I didn't know was that my dead dad had bigger plans for me. Because he obviously didn't give a shit about anyone but himself." He starts getting angry and I grab his hand, "Anyways, after Nanna died, three lawyers approached me at the funeral and they kept talking about something called Rhodes Incorporated and it rang a bell because my dad mentioned it once or twice but I didn't really know what it was. Little did I know, Rhodes Incorporated is a multinational legal firm that handles 70% of shipping around the world." My eyes widen and Nick looks down,"Turns out he was the owner of Rhodes Incorporated and he kept it a secret from my mom for 20 years because all the accounts were under another name. He was scared she will take all the money which was smart on his part because she left him for a millionaire without hesitation. Anyways, after my mom left him, apparently he was really lonely and headed into financial trouble and he started using drugs and fed his alcohol addiction." He looks up at me and he is emotionless. This is a lot to process, "I needed to stay there for a few weeks to help Nanna and to sort all of this stuff out for Rhodes Incorporated."