Chapter 40

Today is the day. Today is the day I ask Nick exactly what is happening with  Rhodes incorporated, his mom, our relationship and mainly Princeton. I need to know where we stand and I need to know now. Our relationship is probably in the best place it has ever been and I can only hope for the best now. I love this man and I want him and only him.

"I'm going for a jog." I lean over the bed to a shirtless Nick clutching onto his pillow, black hair in all different directions and sleeping peacefully and he twitches as I kiss his cheek.

"Love you." He mumbles and I turn to look at him and I head outside with Stormi already waiting at the sliding door. This dog is probably the cutest and well trained dog I've ever seen.

"Come girl." I hook her leash onto her collar and she wags her tail as I open the door. Alex is standing by the patio stares staring at the beach.

"Morning Miss Bell." He pierces his lips together and then looks at Stormi.

"Morning Alex. I'm going for a jog on the beach and around the promonade, there's no need to follow me, I can assure you I'll be fine." 

"Sorry Miss Bell, but Mr Rhodes instructed me to be with you at all times." 

"Alex." I sigh and he shrugs and places his hands infront of him.

"Sorry Miss Bell." Is all he says. This is ridiculous.

"Nick. Get down here!" I yell and I look back at Alex who looks a bit irritated but I couldn't care less.

"Yes baby." Nick runs his hand through his messy hair and he yawns, "Alex." He nods in his direction.

"Give us a minute please Alex." I smile and he walks inside.

"Liv?" Nick yawns again and folds his arms infront of his bare chest.

"Tell Alex to back off. I'm going for a jog and I can assure you I'll be fine." I roll my eyes and Nick looks down for a split second and looks back up at me.

"Liv. He's there to-."

"Yeah he's there to protect me but I just feel suffocated. Its a damn jog, with Stormi which I've done a million times without security." I go off and he walks up and down infront of me and stares at Alex standing inside the house and then back up at me.

"Fine, he'll just be at the promonade, you won't even see him." Nick clenches his jaw and moves closer to me.

"Nick." I sigh.

"Baby, he's here to protect you. Come on." He kisses my forehead.

"Fine." I roll my eyes and his hand moves to my jawline and lifts my head up so that I'm staring into his grass green eyes. 

"Enjoy your jog. Love you." He says and kisses me on the lips and I melt.

"I love you too." I reply as our kiss gets broken and he pats Stormi and as he goes inside the house, Stormi and I head downstairs onto the beach.

"Come girl." I start jogging and shes really good at keeping up with me. As I jog past beach bums, I look up and I see the rock thrown and I instantly stop and I make my way to it, out of breath to be honest. I run my hand over his and my name carvings and I smile. This is his and my love strory. It's crazy and so funny how things work out but quite frankly I wouldn't change a thing. I sit on rock and stormi sits next to me and I watch the waves crashing onto the sand. I could just sit here all day to be honest. It's funny how things have turned out. I would never have thought that Nick Rhodes and I would ever end up like this. We went from being children to all of this and quite frankly I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't want to be with someone else. High school did us good, all the fights, all the challenges we've been through, it all did us good and it helped us grow and become way more mature. I know he's the man I'm suppose to marry and I want to, one day.

"For fuck sakes Olivia." Nick interupts my train of thought and I look up at his angry face.

"What?" I narrow my eyes and he looks really angry.

"You said you were going to the promonade and you've been sitting here for longer than and hour. Alex couldn't find you and we thought something happened." He says quite harshly and I roll my eyes.

"Nick. I just sat here and lost track of time." I shrug and he sits down next to me.

"Baby." He says softly.

"I'm sorry." I look at him and he relaxes. I slide down from the rock and I sit on the beach next to him and we both stare at the ocean for a few minutes. 

"Nick. We need to talk." I manage to say, breaking the silence and he looks down and then back up at me.

"Yeah we do." He slightly smiles and I think we both know this conversation has to happen and we both have been avoiding it, "You start." He grabs my hand.

"Rhodes Incorporated Nick? Princeton? Us?" I manage to say and he clenches his jaw.

"With regards to us baby. It's me and you. Me and you together forever. Remember, I told you one day I'll be the badas that kiss, well in this case arrest, the night in shining armour and take you for myself and I did that. I definitely am never going to let you go and I know things will get tough at times and I know it won't be easy but we've been through a lot and we always manage to get through. I even got us an apartment at Princeton together baby." He takes his phone out and shows me the loft he got us.

"Nick." My eyes widen as he scrolls through the pictures of the house and its absolutely amazing.

"I meant it when I said I'm in this for the long run Olivia but one major factor in all of this is Rhodes Incorporated." He looks down and then he looks back up at me and he has a tear in his eyes.

"Nick?" I question.

"After I get my degree, I have to move back to South Africa Olivia. Permantely." The tear runs down his cheek because he knows I would never just leave my family and friends.

"Wh-What?" My eyes widen.