Chapter 11

"Um guys." My eyes shoot right open when I hear Collins voice. I jump up and my back makes a slight cracking noise.

"Welcome to the land of the living Liv." Jess says and I look at the two smirk faces staring at me.

"Thanks for finishing the walls." Jess breaks the silence and I smile. I look around for Brad and he's nowhere.

"Brad went to go wash the paintbrushes and stuff." Collin says.

"Oh I see." I stretch my back again and it's really painful to sleep on wooden floors, I wouldn't recommend it.

"You're up." Brad walks in and I nod.

"Yes thanks for making me sleep like this last night." I scowl. I need coffee, it's too early to be nice to people.

"Sorry." Brad laughs a little and we all stand there taking the new white walls in.

"The white sure makes a difference." I say and Jess agrees with me.

"I think we should head home, take a shower and then maybe we should all go out for breakfast?" I make the suggestion looking at Brad and Jess's eyes widen when I mention food.

"I could use some food. Baby is hungry." She rubs her stomach and we all laugh. Brad and head to the car and he opens my door for me. Such a gentleman.

"Sorry about your back." He looks down.

"No man it was just a joke." I laugh a little and we head home. I take a much needed shower and there's no sight of Elaina and Dylan or my mom and Mr Patterson. I change into the my comfy sweat pants and strap shirt and I head downstairs only to find Stormi sitting at the door.

"What's wrong girl?" I say patting her and I open the door and I see a police car in Jays parking lot. I put a leash on Stormi and we head over to his house. Jay is standing talking to a police officer and he looks very stressed out and tense. He glances at me and then back at the police officer.

"Yes Olivia was the last of us to see him." My eyes widen and I know this is about Nick. What happened? My nerves are shot and I'm starting to panic.

"Okay and where will we find her?" The police officer requests and Jay looks back up at me.

I clear my throat, "I'm Olivia." I manage to say and the police officer turns around and gives me a warm smile. There are a million things going through my head right now and I'm really freaking out. Is Nick okay?

"Hi Olivia. I'm Sheriff Parker."  He shakes my hand I look at him nervously. Jay has taken Stormi's leash and he's just standing next to me.

"When was the last time you saw Nick Rhodes?" His name gives me shivers and I look so flustered.

"Um..." I look down. The police officer tries to study my face and I my head is all fuzzy.

"Just before graduation so like three months ago." I manage to say. That whole night replays in my head and I honestly wish I could just forget it. I look up at the officer and his writing something down on his notepad.

"Did something happen Sir?" I manage to say and I closes his notepad.

"His mother is worried and can't find him. I said I'll look into it." He states and smiles. If his mom who doesn't even really care about him is worried then I think we can imagine how much of a wreck I am at the moment. Where is he?

"You have yourself a good day." He shakes my hand and walks off.

"Liv. He's fine." Jay says and I look at him worriedly.

"What if he isn't?"

"Stop stressing about it." Jay shrugs and I can see his a bit tense and worried to.