Chapter 21

"You guys could've given me a heads up about the fact that Olivia over here is a complete bitch during exam time." Jane retorts.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that." Elaina giggles a bit and I just stare at the two, drinking cocktails and getting their feet massaged.

"It's not my fault okay. The stress is real." I roll my eyes a little and we all laugh as I stare at my freshly French pedicured toes.

"Yeah well your messy bun, oversized t-shirts and leggings with Uggs speak volumes Liv." Jane winks.

"Yeah yeah." I retort.

"So do you think we should wake Jess up?" I motion to the spa building. We've been here for one day and she's been sick the whole time. Everything she eats just comes right back up and I just hope she's feeling better. At least she had a long maternity massage and hopefully it worked a bit.

"No maybe give her until dinner." Elaina says sipping her cocktail. She's such a typical Miami girl with her robe and sunglasses.

"I can't believe we have to go home tomorrow." Jane places her sunglasses on her head and she looks at us.

"Yeah agreed. This is exactly the stress free weekend I needed. Exams kicked our butts. But luckily we both passed." I give her a small smile. An 80% average isn't too bad especially for someone who is changing degrees.

"Speak for yourself. You're not even doing the same degree next semester and you got 10% more than me." Jane rolls her eyes.

"It's the messy bun effect." I retort and Elaina bursts out laughing.

"Well at least you guys have freedom, between classes and practicals it's amazing that I have a boyfriend and a pretty good sex life." Elaina adds.

"Must be nice." I roll my eyes this time.

"Still nothing with Brad?" Jane inquires.

"Nope we keep getting interrupted." I moan.

"It will happen eventually. You're going to Australia after all." Elaina nudges me and the nail technician looks up at us and then looks down at continues with my last two toes. She probably doesn't want to hear about our sex lives.

"Yeah but he was acting really strange just before exams. Like the Sunday we got back from the gender reveal thing, things got a bit heated and his phone rang and the way he answered it was just so cold and we've barely been speaking."

"Yeah but remember it was exams and everyone was on edge you know. And besides the day exams ended he did take you on that amazing date" Jane adds and I smile remembering how he came by with white roses and my favorite perfume. He really is so cute.

"Yeah I suppose. I'm probably over thinking it you know." I reply and they both look at me and then lie back on their chairs. I close my eyes taking in the peaceful and relaxing aroma and I wait for the nail technician to finish. I really want another hot stone massage because that really was so amazing.

"And Nick?" Elaina interrupts my thoughts and I stare at her.

"We haven't spoken since the gender reveal party which I'm actually okay with. Especially not after he was so rude to Brad." I shrug. "Thanks for my toes." I thank the nail technician and she walks off and I sit upright to face Jane and Elaina.

"What did he do?" Jane frowns.

"He just said that he doesn't trust him." I tighten my robe and I stare back at them and they are both boring their eyes into me.

"Thats weird." Elaina says quietly.

"Yeah but he's probably just jealous." I mumble  and we drop the topic.