Chapter 29

"I just can't." I sigh.

"You can do it Liv." Brad smirks and looks at me intently.

"Nope. I just cannot." I pout and I rest my head on my arms, "It's just too much brain power."

"You have two left." You have to pull through." He circles his thumb on my hand and I glare at him.

"Easy for you to say, you've passed all of these exams. Me, I am dying right now. And to make matters worse, I am still going to lectures for this semesters work as well. My brain is fried."

"Talk about over dramatic, we've only been back for a week and it's only introduction classes." He laughs.

"Still draining." I retort and he sighs.

"Yeah okay fair enough. Tomorrow you'll write one, then its weekend and then Monday you'll write your last one. You've got this." He gets up and he walks to my side of the table, "Let's go get some lunch." He drags me off my chair and I just have zero energy however, I can do with some food right now.

"MacDonald's or Starbucks?" He asks whilst putting on his shoes.

"Starbucks." I reply grabbing my keys. Before I open the door, he grabs my hand and pulls me into him. I glance up and his eyes are gleaming as he places his hand on the side of my neck. I stand up on my tiptoes and I kiss him, only for his phone to interrupt us.

"Dammit." He looks irritated as he grabs his phone and studies the screen. His face turns serious and in a split second it looks as if he is angry but he masks it very quickly.

"I have to go." He pecks me and storms out of my apartment. Something is going on with him and the secrecy has got to stop. I sigh as I close the door and I fall on my bed. I guess Starbucks isn't going to happen, there goes my vanilla latte and toasted bacon and cheese. I shut my eyes for a split second and then there's a knock on my door. I lazily get up and as I open the door, Nick is leaning on the door frame. Seriously, he can't go a week without talking to me. I thought we were making some progress.

"Nick." I say and he brushes past me and invites himself into my apartment. Not even surprised.

"I had a thought." He leans on the kitchen counter and he intensely stares at me.

"Oh no." I roll my eyes. 

"No, I swear its a good one this time, Liv!" He smirks.

"I'm listening." I lean on the opposite counter and we both just stare at each other. My eyes briefly goes to his plump, smirking lips and then back up to his grass-green eyes.

"We simply cannot, not be friends you know." He states.

"Why do you say that?" I shrug and before he can answer, my stomach immediately starts grumbling. I really am hungry. Nick looks down at my stomach and then back up at me.

"Come on, we're going to Starbucks. You need to eat." He motions me to the door and I roll my eyes. I really am hungry and I think being stubborn right now won't do me good. Besides, maybe after I've eaten I might feel differently about killing him. Maybe I'll just injure him then, not kill him.

"Are you thinking of all the ways you can kill me?" He interrupts the silence in the car and I glare at him.

"Maybe." I shrug. I don't think he gets the concept of us not being friends. He gazes back to the road and he slowly places his hand on my leg.

"Nick, remove your hand or I will rip it off and beat you to death with it." I push his hand off and I know he's only doing this to get a reaction out of me.