Chapter 9

"Hey Liv we're downstairs."

"Coming." I put down the phone and I get my bags. Long weekend couldn't come any sooner, so excited to just tan, relax and enjoy the beach. As I walk downstairs I see Brad leaning on the Jeep door looking all smug with his aviators, his leather jacket and his beard is perfectly trimmed. I usually don't like guys with beards but he makes it work for some reason.

"Ready to fly home?" He smirks.

"Yes I am." I greet everyone as I get in the car and Jane looks super nervous sitting next to me.

"You okay Jane?" I sat and she looks down.

"I'm so nervous." She whispers.

"You got this." We head to the airport and all we talk about is how fun this long weekend is going to be. Brad hasn't been to Miami so it really is exciting for him. We get our tickets, head through airport security and we all get Starbucks breakfast and coffee.

"What's your seat number Olivia?" Brad asks and I look at my ticket.

"12A yours?" I say and I look at Aiden and Jane smiling.

"12B." He smirks. Of course he's sitting next to me, Aiden and Jane are really trying to set us up here. We board the plane and Brad takes his seat next to me.

"You excited for this?" I ask and he just nods.

"Yes. I love traveling." He says and our eyes don't even break from each other.

"You have really nice eyes." He says and I feel my stomach churning a bit. I have butterflies.

"Th-Thank you." I say and I look down.

"Why do you keep blushing around me." He says and I can feel my face becoming red even more.

"Um.." is all I manage to say.

"I think it's cute." He says and I just look out the window and I don't say anything.

"Can I ask you something?" He nudges me.

"What's up?" I smile.

"How are the dynamics working with your family and Aidens family? Like how do you guys know each other?" He smiles.

"Okay so, last summer my friend Elaina and I went to our lake house and we actually met Collin who is Aidens brother first and then I met Aiden, and then it turned out that they were moving to Miami and we all went to the same high school together at the end. And now his dad and my mom are dating but before that Aiden and I dated, but it didn't last very long." He nods and he looks like he's just trying to process everything.

"So you and him dated?" He says. Of course it's all he got from that.

"Yes we did but things happened." I say and he just nods.

"I get it. Isn't it awkward being friends with him and him being engaged now?" He clearly isn't subtle.

"No I'm past that now." I shrug and he just nods.

"Okay good." He smirks.

"So are you ready to meet all of my friends?"

"Yeah it sounds like a big group."

"I'm sure you'll manage." We continue making small talk and get to know each other, we have quite a lot in common actually like he also has a Great Dane, he loves series and also loves the beach and traveling. As we land in Miami we get to bag collection and Jane becomes more and more nervous.

"You'll be fine." Aiden says kissing her on the forehead as we walk towards the exit. As we walk through the sliding doors, I see Collin and Jess waiting there holding hands.