Chapter 5

"So you still haven't answered any of my questions Aiden?" I give him a small smile and he looks back at the small airplane window.

"Um what were they again?" He frowns.

"How did you know I was there?"

"Well I actually saw you at the one party during orientation week where you almost went skinny dipping, I was the one who took you home, and I didn't really know how to approach you about everything especially after last year, and well, last night was actually just pure luck because I was walking to get pizza from the restaurant and before I got there I saw what was happening. For so long I kept typing a message wanting to tell you that I actually also study here but I just couldn't do it, you hate me too much." He smiles and I just stare at him.

"I don't hate you Aiden. How could I?" My face goes a bit red and I bite my lip.

"I was so immature last year and so much happened especially with Nick." He begins.

"Can we not talk about him please?" I ask and he frowns.

"Okay but can I just ask one thing?"

"Okay what?" I look at him and his facial expression is just blank. He pierces his lips together and I wait in anticipation.

"What happened between you guys?" He asks and then looks down again.

"Stuff happened and he left again, without warning and without even saying goodbye." I shrug and he just grabs my hand.

"I'm so sorry Olivia, you deserve so much better." He gives me a sympathetic smile and I just return a smile to him.

"Listen Liv I do have to tell you something else which you'll probably be finding out this week too when we get home." He says and I smile.

"If its about our parents I know they went on a date."

"Um yeah that and there's something else, look Liv.." his sentence gets interrupted by the pilots announcement saying we will be landing.

"Okay continue?" I say after the announcement has been made.

"Nevermind it can wait until later." He smiles and adjusts his seatbelt. I put my on and we just sit in silence waiting for the plane to land. As we touch down in Miami we grab our stuff and make our way to bag collection and to the exits. Aidens dad will be picking us up.

"Thanks for doing this for me Aiden."

"Always Olivia." He smiles. As we walk to the exit doors we see his dad and my mom standing there. She has tears in her eyes as I run and hug her. Oh how I have missed her too much.

"Darling are you okay?" She hugs me tightly and I just nod. I don't want to talk about last night.

"Yes I'm okay. Hi Mr Patterson." I give him a hug as he greets me back.

"Ready to go?" He says and we all walk towards the car. The drive home is quite quiet as Aiden and I just sit in the back watching as my mom and his dad hold hands. It's actually really sweet and I can see that my mom is genuinely happy. As we reach home I feel ten times more relaxed and I just take a deep breath as we stop in front of the garage.

"So how does this work now? Do you guys live with us?" I ask Mr Patternson and he just smiles.

"Not yet, we're still deciding on that." My mom says grabbing my bag out of my hands. I love our house. As we enter the house everything is still the same, it's all still clean and not a single thing is out of place. The next thing I know Stormi has gracefully jumped on me and I'm on the floor with her, she has gotten so big and is still so beautiful and cute. I play with her for a minute and then she calms down again. I walk in towards the balcony looking out at the beach... I have really missed this view.