Chapter 35

"NickNak can I please, please practice on your face?" I give him my best puppy dog eyes and he frowns.

"Absolutely not Liv." He folds his arms and stares at the makeup and then at me.

"Come on, it's for cheerleading?" I whine and he rolls his eyes.

"Not happening." He raises his hand up in defense.

"Technically you owe me." I smile.

"For what exactly?" He sounds shocked.

"For the fact that you tripped me on the first day of the year and as an 8th grader I don't appreciate falling in front of all the good-looking seniors." I roll my eyes and he bursts out laughing.

"Man, that was hilarious. Jay and I laughed our asses off."

"You said you owed me one NickNak." I smirk and he stops laughing, "So this is the favor you owe me." I wink and he brushes his hand through his hair.

"I just got this leather jacket Liv. If you mess on it there's trouble." He rolls his eyes and he straightens his jacket.

"So kind NickNak." I motion him to sit and he slumps on the chair and I inspect his face. You can see he's starting to go through puberty now, his voice is already deeper and he's got a bit of stubble on his face already. The innocent NickNak is disappearing on me. I stare at the makeup on the table and he grabs my hand before the base meets his face.

"If you tell anyone about this you're dead meat." He narrows his eyes and smirks.

"Deal." I narrow my eyes and he releases my wrist from his grip and I start doing the makeup we were instructed to do for the cheerleading competition. I just made it into the team, I don't want to mess it up now.

"Liv. Have you made any other friends since we've started here at Everstone?" He asks with his eyes closed.

"Yeah, there is Elaina and Khloe." I smile and we all met at cheerleading. We're the only 3 juniors who got accepted.

"I don't like Khloe," Nick says and I roll my eyes.

"You don't like anyone NickNak." I retort and he opens his eyes.

"I like you." He says softly and I roll my eyes.

"That's because-."

"Olivia? Nick?" My dad walks in and we both stare at him and he has a smile on his face. He just got back from the work.

"Daddy." I smile and I hug him as Nick instantly grabs a makeup remover wipe and cleans the makeup off. There goes my masterpiece. 

"Sir." Nick shakes my dad's hand and he smiles at him.

"Got a bit of cheek stuff there Nicky." My dad jokingly says and I burst out laughing and Nick rubs the stuff off of his cheek. He slightly goes red and looks a bit irritated.

"Do I even want to know?" My dad raises his eyebrow.

"Hey dear." My mom walks into the dining room as well and hugs both Nick and me.

"Hi, Mrs. Bell." Nick hugs her and instantly our eyes go to the floor.

"Dad!" I shout and both mom and Nick bend over him and he is lying there not moving.

"Nick call 911." He grabs his phone out of his jacket and dials as I just stare at my dad on the floor and mom checking his pulse.

"Oliver." My mom shakes my dad and she checks his pulse again and exams him.