Chapter 3

Pool Party at Kappa Fi Nu tonight.

The letter gets passed towards me and I look up, next to me is a girl with blonde hair, tanned and green eyes staring at me with a huge smile on her face, she's wearing a cheerleading uniform and I just smile back at her. She has been in all my classes and she always just smiles at me. I don't think she has any friends in her classes either.

"Miss with the denim shirt and brown hair." I look up at the lecturer who's looking right at me, my face goes red as I haven't been paying attention. I just stare at him.

"Miss, can you please tell me why it is important to always make sure your technical drawings are in the right dimensions and accurate?" Our eyes have locked since I've looked up and he's really quite attractive. He's tall and probably in his late 20s, black hair, with glasses, chinos and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

"Umm." I look down and my face reddens even more.

"I'll get back to you on that one in the next class Miss." I smile and then continue pretending to type on my laptop. The lesson goes on and I just try and hide myself as much as possible.

You should come tonight. It'll be fun.

The girl passed another piece of paper my way and she smiles at me again. I nod in agreement and she looks back at the lecturer, as the lecture ends I put my laptop in my bag, and as I look up the girl is standing looking at me.

"Hi, I'm Jane! Sorry I'm really not a freak or anything but you're in all my classes and I haven't really made any friends yet." Her tone of voice is so soft.

"Hi I'm Olivia." I smile back at her and she gives me a hug.

"Swing by tonight at Kappa Fi Nu and we can get to know each other better!" She grabs her bag and just before I could answer she turns around and walks away. I can't help but smile a bit.

"Miss." The lecturers voice meets my ear just as I'm about to exit the class, I stop and make my way towards him.

"Yes sir." I smile and I can feel my face redden again.

"If you need help in this class here's my number." He winks at me I just look at him. Stunned. Wow that was pretty straight forward.

"Um thank you." I smile and grab the piece of paper, twas a bit weird but I'm flattered I'll admit. As I make my way to the next class I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and the caller ID is private.

"Hello." I say and there is just silence on the other end.

"Hello?" I say again and all I can hear this time is breathing.

"Nick." Is all I say and the next moment they put the phone down in my ear. That was weird. Ignoring it, I enter my next class and this time I join Jane.

"So we're in all the same classes." She says taking her laptop out.

"I guess so." I smile back at her and the lecture continues. I can't get that phone call out of my head... strange isn't it.

"Want to go have some coffee at Starbucks after this?" Jane whispers in my ear and I nod again.

"Sure." I smile and we wait for the lecture to end. As the lecturer ends off the lecture we start packing up and follow the people outside of the lecture room.

"So where do you come from?"

"I'm from Miami." I smile and her eyes widen.

"No ways! You're so lucky! I'm from Seattle well technically now I am. My parents are accountants and we've also move a lot from place to place." She shows me her Pandora bracelet with a few flags on them.