Chapter 24

"Hey mom." I say softly while leaning on the railing at the patio staring at the lake. 2 weeks of hard work done and dusted.

"Hey darling. How's the studies going?" She says out of breath.

"Yeah it's good. Umm, mom why are you out of breath and panting?" I frown as I can here her breathing louder.

"I went for a jog." She says out of breath and takes a sip of water.

"Since when do you jog?" I frown.

"Since I have someone who's motivating me to do it." I can practically feel her smiling through the phone.

"Dr Patterson?" I ask.

"You can call him Carlisle you know." She mumbles. Carlisle Patterson I think to myself. Nope.

"I'll stick to Dr Patterson for now thanks." I retort and my mom laughs a little.

"Listen mom, can I ask you for some advice about going to Australia with Brad?"

"Of course darling." She says softly.

"Do you think I should do it? Do you think it's too big of a step for where we are right now?" I sigh. Nick's concerns are really getting to me. There's silence from my moms side and I can hear her take in a deep breath.

"Liv. Personally I don't think it's a good idea. You've not even known each other for a year you know. He's really a sweet and genuine guy so maybe just skip it this time, get to know each other a lot more first."

"But don't you think that this experience will bring us closer?" I mumble.

"Yeah but what if you don't like his family and then you're stuck there? How many siblings does he have? Is his parents divorced?" I close my eyes and I'm literally speechless because now that I think about it, we've never had these conversations before and I don't even know the answers to those questions.

"I-I." I stutter.

"Get to know him better first Liv. You're old enough to do what you want but you need to be smart about decisions like this." She replies softly and I sigh again.

"You're right." I say.

"Did you and Nick have this conversation?" She says and I frown.

"How did y-."

"He spoke to me about it telling me that he also doesn't think its a good idea." She says and I'm literally quite stunned.

"Mom. Nick!" I retort and there's silence again.

"Liv he said he's just worried." She speaks softly again. I hate that he's involving my family in this. What the hell is his damn problem?

"How did the conversation go with you guys?" She speaks up again and I run my hands down my face.

"Well let's just say maybe if he can speak to me like a grown up then we won't have screaming contests. He needs to back off mom." I hiss and she's silent again.

"Liv. He cares about you. You know that."

"Mom. He is serious about another girl and why does he even care?" I roll my eyes.

"You've know each other for years Liv. Obviously he'd still care." She sighs.

"If he cared he wouldn't have left me." I retort.