Chapter 7

The flight back was so awkward between Aiden and I, we barely spoke and the kiss between us was not brought up at all. I regret it and I should not have kissed him at all or even thought about it. When we arrived at Princeton our goodbye was short and sweet and I haven't seen him since. Jane asked me to go and watch the football game and I agreed, I know I'm gonna see Aiden but thats okay we're still friends so thats good.

"Liv you ready?" Janes voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Yes let's go." I walk passed her and then to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"Is your fiancé playing tonight?"

"Yes He is indeed." She smiles, my eyes wonder to her ring again and then back up at her. I'm sort of so jealous.

"Ready to go?" I ask and we both make our way to the car. As we arrive at the sports field it is super packed and filled with so many people, I didn't even know Princeton had so many people. Jane and I walk towards the football field and we see Aiden talking to a few guys.

"So who's your fiancé?" I ask looking at all the football players.

"There He is." She points to the football players and runs towards them, I walk following her and my eyes immediately widen as she runs towards Aiden, jumps on him and kisses him. I stop in my tracks as I watch them making out and I'm at a loss for words, I walk to them and I'm honestly so speechless.

"This is my fiancé, Aiden Patterson." Her smile is huge as she grabs his hand, I look up at him and he just shuts his eyes and looks down.

"Umm." Is all I manage to say and Jane looks at me and then at him.

"Do you guys know each other?" She says and she looks a bit irritated.

"Ah yes, we actually um..." Aiden begins and I just look to the floor.

"Um, Olivia and I have known each other for a like a year or something now, we actually dated for a couple of months too." Aiden says and Jane just looks so stunned.

"Um so this is the Olivia?" She asks and she lets go of his hand. He looks at me and then looks at her.

"Yes." He says.

"Excuse me." Jane says and walks away.

"You're engaged Aiden!" Is all that comes out of my mouth and I'm honestly so shocked.

"Um yes." Is all he says as he tries to avoid making eye contact with me.

"Are you freaking joking right now? I kissed you and you're engaged! We were in Miami for a whole week and you didn't bother mentioning it? You've been trying to help me and been looking out for me and you're engaged! Does anyone at home even know you're engaged?" I start with all my question and he just keeps looking down every time I bring it up.

"Olivia." Is all he says.

"Explain this Aiden. Now."

"Um. Firstly, I did try and tell you the week we were there. No one knows about us yet, I met her right after we graduated when I was in Washington and spend the summer with her, I've been trying to find a way to tell everyone and dinner was the perfect opportunity but then Collin said Jess is pregnant so it kind of wasn't a good time and yes I've been looking after you because you're honestly fucking up your life and you need to sort yourself out. Nick is gone and yes that sucks Liv but you deserve so much better and you will get there but making all these bad choices is just gonna add onto it and-"

"Excuse me Aiden. Leave Nick out of this." I say and he puts his hands in the air.

"Liv I'm just putting it all out there. I'm sorry I haven't mentioned Jane but I've been trying to keep it quiet because I don't want it to get ruined and I love the fact that we've been in our little bubble, I didn't know you were the Olivia she was talking about because what are the chances?" I walk towards one of the benches and he follows me, this is such a large amount of information to take in.

"Please say something?" He says and I just look at him, he looks so stressed.

"I'm actually happy for you. Jane is an amazing girl and I'm glad you've found happiness Aiden." I smile and I try my best to not freak out. He sighs and just gives me a smile.

"Liv are you sure this is all good?" He says as he grabs my hand and looks at me.

"Aiden this is really good news." I repeat myself and he just smiles at me.

"What have you said to Jane about me?" His face becomes expressionless and he looks down again.

"I told her that I had one great love and that it didn't work out between us." His eyes meet mine again and my face reddens a bit.

"I get it. I think Jane is a bit freaked out with this, I need to talk to her." He gets up and I follow.

"Yes speak to her and I'll also speak to her." He gives me a hug and I just smile.

"Aiden I really am happy for you." I say as he let's go of me, he makes his way to the coach and I just watch him walk away. I really am happy for him. I turn on my heels and walked back to my car, I sit in for a while to just think about everything that just happened. Aiden is engaged, Jess is pregnant and Dylan and Elaina are also on the verge of getting engaged... what even am I doing with my life? Aiden is right I really am screwing my life up. With tears in my eyes, I start my car and I drive home, I have so much on my mind I don't even know where to begin. As I walk in I get a message from Jane.

Sorry about that girl, I really was just caught by surprise.

Yeah I don't blame her, I was also caught by surprise.

I completely understand if this is weird, girl you and him belong together and I'm honestly so happy for you. Let's meet up for coffee.

As I put the phone down someone knocks on my door and I open it up.

"Liv can we talk?" Jane and Aiden both stand by the door hand in hand.

"Sure guys." I allow them to come in and they both sit on the couch.

"Liv I really am sorry." Aiden says.

"Yeah me too, I think it just caught us all by surprise." Jane says with a small smile and I just nod.

"Guys it's totally fine, it caught us all by surprise, would you like something to drink?" I smile as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Yes please, coffee." They both say at the same time and start laughing. I look at how in love they are and it makes my heart so happy.

"So how did he propose?" I ask and Jane has a huge smile on her face.

"We took a trip to LA and I proposed on the beach." Aiden says with a smile on his face. Jane looks at him and she just smiles.

"Look we know it all happened so fast, but his definitely the one. I've know that for a very long time now." She says and blushes.

"I'm really happy for you guys." I smile. The rest of the night we make small talk and just talk about university and life in general.

"Night Liv." Aiden and Jane both hug me as they walk out. I take a deep breath out whilst shutting the door and I just stand there for a minute. His dad is seriously going to freak out.