Chapter 38

"Nick, are you going to throw up?" I try my best not to laugh as he is trying his best to keep his composure. He is going to cave any minute now.

"N-no, I do-don't...Nope can't do it." He runs to the bathroom and baby Mike starts crying. I walk towards the changing table and I try to calm him down as I finish changing his diaper. I normally can't stomach stuff like this but you get used to it. 

"You okay?" I ask baby Mike as I swaddle him and he's still crying. Nick leans on the door frame acting like he didn't just throw up.

"I'm fine thanks for asking." He rolls his eyes and walks towards me, "Next time we agree to babysit they need to make sure he won't poop." Nick adds and he takes the baby out of my arms and Mike instantly stops crying. 

"How did you do that?" I look at him as he sits down with the baby and he just stares at him.

"I just have a calming presence." He smirks and I do have to say, Nick looks so freaking sexy with a baby in his arms. We agreed to babysit while Jess and Collin go to the doctor and then do some shopping for tonight's barbecue. After all, what are godparents for? Nick swaddles Mike a bit and I just watch how he interacts with him. 

"Baby." Nick whispers and he points to Mike, "He's asleep." He has a proud look on his face and I point to his crib and he slowly gets up, walks to the crib, and gently puts Mike in and we walk to the kitchen.

"Do you want a sandwich?" I look at Nick as I make my way to the fridge and he leans on the island.

"Baby." He says softly and I turn to face him. He walks towards me and kisses me.

"I want one." He says.

"A sandwich?" I raise my eyebrow and he smirks.

"No," He pauses and kisses me again, "A baby." He kisses me again and I push him back.

"What?" My eyes widen and he gives me puppy dog eyes.

"Come on, we should." He stares into my eyes and I burst out laughing. He's full of jokes today.

"Absolutely not." I laugh again and he frowns.

"Why not?" He asks.

"I don't even have a degree yet?" I raise my eyebrow and he sighs, "I'll do it if you change the diapers the whole time." He looks like he's going to puke again.

"Okay, maybe we should wait." He smirks and I laugh.

"Thought so," I add. He kisses me again, and it intensifies as he places me on the island. My arms go around his neck pulling him more into me and we make out for quite a bit until someone clears their throat. Our eyes instantly go to the kitchen entrance and I bite my now plumb lip.

"We were wondering how long you two were going to make out like that before you realize you aren't alone," Collin smirks and Jess laughs.

"Uhm," Nick says clearing his throat and I go red, "Did you enjoy the show." He winks and I slap him.

"Very entertaining." Jess rolls her eyes, "Where's Mike?" She walks towards us and I jump off of the counter.

"He's fast asleep," Nick smirks.

"Thank you." Collin makes coffee and we all walk outside to the balcony. It's such a beautiful day and there are so many people on the beach.

"What time is the barbecue tonight?" Jess asks.

"Think at 5." I smile.

"Do you think it's happening tonight?" Collin asks and I smile at him.