𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

Before Leila could turn around or poof away, someone grabbed onto her wrist. Her eyes widened and if it was able to, her heart would be pounding in her chest.

Was it Caleb? Had he found her? God she was so stupid, she should have just stayed at the studio where she was safe, the only place it seemed that she was safe right now.

"Leila." A voice called, the voice of the person or rather ghost holding her.

Oh.

Oh.

That's definitely not Caleb.

Leila relaxed as she turned around to find Willie standing there with his brows furrowed. "Where have you been? Jasper and I have been worried sick about you!" He exclaimed.

Leila bit her lip, looking down at her shoes. She knew it was for the better, but she still felt guilty for leaving her best friend behind as well as the person who had easily become like a second brother to her. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Willie sighed, letting go of her wrist and combing a hand through his hair. "It's fine just... are you safe?" He asked worriedly.

Leila nodded. "Yeah." She responded, "Yeah. I'm a lot safer. Promise."

Willie nodded, taking a deep breath. "Good that's good." He looked her over, "Are you happy?" He sounded hopeful, knowing the only time she had really been happy at the ghost club was when she was performing and even then her smiles never reached her eyes like they did when she was away from Caleb on one of her excursions whether with him or Jasper.

Leila smiled, thinking of Reggie and Luke and Alex, and even Julie. "Yeah. I am." She told him softly, "I found them."

Willie's eyes widened. "You mean...?" He asked, trailing off in question. She had always told stories about her friends from before, the boys who were going to be legends.

She never used names, only nicknames like Lex, Reg, and Beanie-Boy.

He knew, even from just stories, that among the three old friends was her first love, which, after many stories and questions, he figured out was the boy nicknamed Reg, the one who made her smile almost as much as when she was speaking about Lex, her brother.

Leila nodded. "Yeah. They were in the darkroom for a while, that's why I couldn't find them, but they're here now." She told him happily and he saw that gleam in her eyes that he had only ever seen when she talked about them.

"That's great Leila!" He grinned before it fell. "But what about..." He paused, whispering the name like it was a bad curse, "Caleb?"

Leila's eyes went to the floor. "I don't know Willie. I really don't know. I just... I have to keep them out of his hands and I can't be at that club knowing they're out here living their best life without me—" Leila paused, "Er.. afterlife?"