𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

Luke pushed the back doors of The Orpheum open now wearing his long flannel jacket, Leila, Reggie, and Alex were at his side as they walked out.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Luke exclaimed happily.

Reggie chuckled next to Leila, Leila wrinkled her nose as she got a whiff of a horrendous smell just as Alex spoke, "The smell of Sunset Boulevard?"

Luke turned to Alex, "No." He chuckled, pushing Alex teasingly before they continued walking. "It's what that girl said in there tonight. About our music, alright? It's like an energy, it connects us with people." Leila smiled, it definitely connected them if not with people than with each other. "They can feel us when we play. I want that connection with everybody." Luke told his bandmates bringing them in close by throwing his arms over their shoulders.

Leila smiled staying silent as the band had their moment, "Then we're gonna need more t-shirts." Reggie replied making the group snicker, Leila letting out a giggle.

"Let's go boys." Luke said releasing his bandmates' shoulders, "And girl." He added glancing at Leila who gave him a smirk as he put his hoodie on.

Reggie strayed from the group, giving Leila a look that she knew meant he would be right back. He handed the t-shirts he had been holding to some girls waiting in line to see them. "Ladies." Reggie said as he handed them their new t-shirts.

Reggie turned around as the girls realized who he was, rushing to catch up with his band and friend as one of the girls squealed and called after him, "Reggie, wait!" Leila frowned before Reggie threw his arm over her shoulder as they walked. The girls behind them continued to squeal and call after the band as they walked away.

Just as they got to the other side of the street, someone called out again, this time not to the boys but Leila. "Leila! Leila!" Leila spun around upon hearing her name come from a familiar voice, she found Jasper rushing to catch up to the group who had paused, waiting for him to reach them. Leila took a few steps forward, wondering if she should go up to him or wait for him.

Leila's brows furrowed in confusion as Jasper reached them, what was he doing here? "What's going on Jas? What's wrong?" She asked confused and slightly concerned.

Jasper took a few deep breaths, catching his breath after running after the girl before he answered her question, "It's them, they're demanding a battle."

Leila tensed immediately understanding the situation as she nodded, the boys however were confused. "Battle? What kind of battle?" Reggie asked curiously, stepping up to stand beside Leila again.

Jasper looked to Reggie before answering his question, "A dance battle."

Reggie's eyes widened, intrigued at the thought as Jasper turned to Leila. "Are you coming or not? Taylor would be pissed if you don't come but I can make something up if you want to stay." Jasper told his friend.

Leila was reluctant to answer as she didn't know the answer herself. Of course, she wanted to go, she didn't want to disappoint her team, however, she didn't want to leave her boys on their big night either.

Leila glanced at her other friends before turning back to Jasper, "Will I be back before the performance?"

Jasper nodded, "I'll make sure of it." He told her knowing how much being there for the boys meant to her.

Leila nodded, "Alright then let's go show them who's the best dancers." Leila told her friend with a smirk, taking a few steps away from the group before turning back to them, she went up to her brother who she knew was nervous, and gave him a quick hug, "You're gonna do amazing." She whispered to him before pulling away and looking at the trio, "You're all gonna do amazing and I'll be right there watching you guys so don't disappoint me, alright?"

"Never Mercer." Luke told her with a grin.

Leila nodded, a grin matching his before she turned to look at Reggie, "Do you wanna come watch, Reg?" She asked hoping the boy couldn't see the blush forming on her cheeks.

"Sorry Lei, street dogs are calling my name." Reggie told her with a shake of his head, clearly not understanding what the offer truly was, Leila's face fell which Reggie noticed as he spoke, "But I'm sure you'll do great."

Leila nodded, forcing a grin onto her face although it wasn't nearly as happy as the previous one she wore just moments ago. "Yeah, yeah." Leila said tensely before turning to Jasper, "We should probably go, don't want to keep them waiting."

Jasper nodded, sending Reggie a glare for making his friend upset as he joined their arms, "Come on Lee, let's get away from these dirty boys." Leila laughed as her friend dragged her off.

Reggie grinned as he watched her walk away, her laugh echoing down the street before he turned to his bandmates, "Come on boys, street dogs are calling my name." Reggie told them.

Alex shook his head and sighed staying silent about the matter however Luke spoke for him, "Dude you're so oblivious."

Reggie furrowed his brows in confusion, "What are you talking about?" He questioned in confusion.

Alex shook his head once more, "She wanted to hang out with you." He told his friend.

Reggie's eyes widened, realization dawning on him. He had just missed the chance to hang out with his long-time crush alone. Well after her dance battle, something Alex hadn't even seen before let alone been offered to go to, they would be alone. "Oh." Reggie said in shock.

Luke rolled his eyes at his oblivious friend. For a flirt, he didn't know much about romance, well not when it came to Leila anyway. "Yeah oh." Luke replied walking ahead of the boys to go to the hot dog 'stand.'

Reggie and Alex rushed to catch up to the boy, Alex, and Luke laughing upon seeing Reggie's pout as they walked to the stand, not knowing that had been his last chance to hang out with the girl.

Well, it was supposed to be his last chance but becoming ghosts wasn't exactly something they had expected.

Meanwhile, Leila walked to her dance battle, her best non-Sunset-Curve friend by her side, a grin on her face despite the bad feeling in her stomach telling her something was wrong, that she needed to turn back, run back to her boys, Leila ignored it, shoving the feeling down.

They were just having street dogs, after all, it wasn't like anything would happen.

♪ 𝟷,𝟷𝟸𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ♪