𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚢𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟻~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚢𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

Leila released a big breath as she sat down at one of the tables in the ghost club which was back in Hollywood as it was when she first came here, she had just finished her routine, tonight she was dancing, yesterday she sang. She loved it, that much was clear by the big grin on her face.

"Hey, Leila!" One of the other performers called, it was a female in her early twenties, one of the dancers, what was her name? Oh right! Allison, or Ali for short.

Leila grinned as Ali sat down next to her, "Hi Ali. You were great out there tonight!" She told her brightly.

Alison scoffed, "Oh please Girl we both know you're way better than me." Alison replied with a smirk, the blond girl was always underestimating herself and all the dancers that were friendly enough were constantly telling her how amazing she was to help the kind girls confidence.

"You think so?" Leila asked with a grin that only grew.

Alison went to reply when Leila's eyes caught someone she hadn't seen in a long time sitting at one of the tables. "What's wrong sweets?" Alison asked in concern.

Leila glanced back at the woman for a moment, "I have to go." She told her before rushing off, ignoring Alison's calls as she rushed over to the table.

"Jasper!" She called as she got close, the man looked up, his eyes widening however a smile came to his face despite his shock.

"Leila! You're here too?" He asked as he stood up, opening his arms knowingly.

Leila nodded rapidly before flinging herself into his waiting arms. "I've missed you so much! But you're here!" Leila pulled away from the hug, her brows furrowing in sudden confusion, "How are you here?"

Jasper sighed stepping back. "I died Leila." He answered.

Leila was shocked although she truly should have known. If he wasn't dead, he wouldn't have been allowed into the club however she still had questions. "W-when? How?"

"A year or so after you... died. Caleb found me." He explained, his hand going to the back of his neck as he scratched it lightly, "I was uh looking for you actually." He paused looking down, "I didn't find you obviously."

Leila nodded although still somewhat lost and she still had so many questions. "You've been here that long?" Leila asked.

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, I've been here. Dancing. This is my night off though." He told her, nervous to talk to her after so long. "You were great up there by the way." It was true. He missed seeing her dance, he hadn't seen her dance since Luke, Reggie and Alex passed. Nobody had well until she came here. "When did you come back?"

"Last year." Leila answered briefly, not wanting to share how she had returned (although she didn't even know that) nor how she spent a year looking for them without even thinking of him.

"Wow." Jasper said in shock. He didn't think she had been back that long. Had she been here?

Jasper swore Leila could read his mind when she answered that very question. "Yeah, I came here a month or two ago after Caleb found me." Leila told him.

Jasper nodded, cursing himself for not seeing her earlier. Even if it was only a month or two it was still a month or two he could have spent with his best friend. "I'm so sorry I didn't even notice you." He apologized immediately, feeling bad for not seeing her in the past month.

Leila didn't seem to mind as she waved him off with a grin, "It's fine! I just had to find you." Leila responded with a shrug. Suddenly she began to shuffle nervously which concerned Jasper who immediately noticed, all too used to keeping a close eye on her. "How was Rose? Afterward?"

Ah. Rose. He was kinda wondering when she would bring her up. "She was good, sad obviously but you know her. She stayed strong as always," Leila grinned at this which calmed Jasper's nerves somewhat, he didn't want to upset her. "She became friends with Bobby after the funeral."

Leila frowned at the thought of Bobby. She couldn't see sweet, kind, beautiful Rose being friends with him. Of course Rose always had seen the best in everyone including her but still, she couldn't believe it. "Bobby? Really?" She asked.

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, I was surprised too." He told her, he didn't know much about what had happened between Leila and Bobby, only what little Leila told him what wasn't much, simply that something had happened and they didn't get along, in her exact words they had a mutual hatred. He always knew something more had happened however whatever it was she never told him. Never wanted to.

Leila took a deep shaky breath. "Yeah, it's uh surprising." She muttered her gaze falling to her black high heels.

Jasper frowned but didn't say anything. She wouldn't tell him anyway, he knew that as well as she did. Instead, he changed the subject.
"Have you tried the cherry pie yet?" When Leila shook her head in confusion and reply, he continued, "It's to die for!" He joked with a chuckle before he grabbed onto her wrist making her wince without him even noticing, "Come on you have to try it!" He told her with a bright grin as Leila relaxed in his hold, a smile of her own coming to her face as she nodded.

It was at that moment Leila realized how much she had missed him. She missed everything about him from his bright smile to the way he knew when she needed to be distracted, how to distract her when need be, and when she just needed to talk. She had missed her best friend.

"Sure Jas." Jasper brightened at the name. Nobody had called him that since she passed after all she was the only one who ever called him that. He had missed it.

It was clear to see the best friends had missed each other as Jasper pulled her off to get some cherry pie, grins on both their faces as they relished in the comforts of each other. It was like they had never been separated as they easily fell into a motion, easily relaxed and happy around each other.

Off to the side, Caleb watched the two with a cold smirk. His plan was coming together just as he wanted it to. Now all he needed to do was find that skater boy before Leila began to get suspicious of him. She was far too powerful to lose.

He would do whatever it took to keep her in his club, within his grasp, under his control.

♪ 𝟷,𝟷𝟹𝟺 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ♪