𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

"Mrs. Patterson." Leila whispered in the quiet hall upon seeing her best friend's mother.

Mrs. Patterson's head snapped up, eyes widening when she saw Leila, "Leila." Mrs. Patterson called. "Oh, Leila how are you, dear?"

Leila shook her head tears falling down her face as she approached her best friend's parents, "I'm so sorry, Mrs. and Mr. Patterson." She whispered unable to make her voice louder.

Mrs. Patterson shook her head, ever the caring woman she was despite the all too recent loss of her son. "You have nothing to be sorry for, Leila." Mrs. Patterson's eyes went to Alex and Reggie's rooms before they connected with Leila's once more, "You lost them too."

Leila bit her lip, barely holding in a sob as she nodded.

"Oh, dear." Mrs. Patterson whispered sadly, hating to see the girl that had become a part of her family not to mention her son's best friend so... broken.

"I'm sorry I can't." Leila told Mrs. Patterson before rushing off.

Leila didn't know where she was going, all she knew was she ended up outside the hospital the cold air hitting her immediately. She went out of the way of anybody who may need to go into the hospital before she broke, falling onto the floor in a heap of sobs and tears as she mourned the loss of her brother, best friends, and her happiness.

A sob wracked Leila's body as an overwhelming feeling of loneliness hit her, it was like nothing she had ever felt before, and as she cried she wished, wished for a miracle.

She wished she could be with her boys again.

♪ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖 ♪

The boys didn't know what was going on. One second they were in ambulances being carted away after having some nasty hot dogs and the next they were in a dark room, alone.

Luke was there longer. Not by much, a few seconds, a minute at most. Then Reggie and Alex appeared and Luke grinned as he hopped off the floor and rushed over to his friends.

"Boys! There you are!" Luke exclaimed wrapping them in a hug.

When he pulled away Alex and Reggie looked around in confusion, "Where are we?" Alex questioned his brows knitted.

"I don't know." Luke said shaking his head.

"What even happened to us?" Reggie asked trying to remember but it was all a blur.