𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

"Guys!" Leila called as she poofed into the studio, looking around she realized she was seemingly alone, "Guys?" She called again, "Anyone here?"

No answer.

Huh, guess I really am alone, Leila thought going over to the piano bench she sat down backward so her back faced the piano with a humph, a slight pout on her face. She had hoped they would be here so she could find some entertainment in their usual behavior and distract herself from her own thoughts. Apparently not.

"What do I do now?" She wondered aloud to herself, exhaling deeply she looked around for something to do when a thought came to mind. She spun around to face the piano and hesitantly opened the lid to expose the piano keys.

She wouldn't be able to, she knew that, but maybe...

Her fingers found their way onto the keys and she hesitated for a moment before pressing down, a key ringing out as loud as her heartbeat that rang in her ears. She let out a sigh and slowly began to play a familiar set of notes.

Hesitantly, she cleared her throat and quietly began to sing to herself.

The song was familiar, though she had only played it once after finishing it. It was one of the last songs she ever wrote, one she had started after she lost the boys and finished when she found out she was going to die.

"...And it's not fair," she sang quietly almost so quiet she could barely hear it herself, "I keep on writing a sequel to stories I know that are not there."

A whoosh of air came from behind her, however, lost in her own mind, her own song, she heard nothing but the sound of her heartbeat, the notes of the piano keys, and the lyrics of her song.

"I don't wanna die but I don't wanna live like this." She whispered the last words like a secret.

And her chest ached with phantom pain but she continued anyway, "I just wanna feel something, I just wanna feel."

"I just wanna feel something, I just wanna feel. Something that is real so that I can really,"

"Feel like a person again." Her voice cracked on the last word before her hands flew from the piano keys to her throat as she coughed viciously, unable to stop herself.

She hunched over on the piano bench as she held herself close, grieving the loss of her voice and feeling the same pain she felt before she died.

She just wanted this pain to stop.

Behind her, the boys had tears in their eyes as they barely stopped themselves from rushing forward and holding her close like they wished they had been able to when she found out about her cancer.