𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

"Why did you bring me out here, Alex?" Leila questioned with her arms crossed over her stomach.

As soon as Leila got outside of the studio, Alex had shut the doors before beginning to pace, running his hand through his blond hair anxiously. They had been outside for several minutes and, up until Leila spoke, they had both been silent.

"We need to talk." Alex told her as he stopped pacing, standing in front of her.

Leila rolled her eyes. "You said that already, 'Lex." She told him patiently.

Alex nodded. "It's just— we really need to talk." He responded.

Leila nodded. "Okay about what?" Leila asked as she arched a brow at him.

Alex put his hand on his hip and looked at her. "You know what Lei." He told her softly, "Your music."

Immediately Leila shook her head. "No. I'm not talking about this."

"You don't have a choice, Leila. You know we have to, you need to talk about, we both know that." He replied in the same patient tone she had previously held.

Leila cursed him for being able to read her like an open book, her eyes filled with tears as she shook her head insistently. "I can't talk about this, Alex." She whispered, "I just can't."

"Why?" Alex asked gazing into his sister's tear-filled eyes, saddened by the pain that had never been there before... everything. "Why can't you talk about this?" Alex hesitated for a moment, "Why can't you talk to me?"

"I can talk to you, Alex." Leila told him as if the mere thought of her being unable to talk to him was absurd.

"Really?" Alex replied rhetorically. "Then why haven't you?"

Leila sighed. "Alex." She said.

"No Leila." Alex shook his head. "I get it, okay? A lot has changed, but before no matter what happened you always talked to me, you always came to me, so why don't you anymore?" Alex brushed a hand through his hair anxiously. "I mean, what could have possibly been bad enough for you to drop music and stop talking to me?"

Leila looked at the concrete floor outside the studio for a while, thinking things through as she absentmindedly chewed on her bottom lip while Alex stared at her, waiting for a response.

"You want to know?" Leila asked as she looked up. "You really want to know?"

Alex took a deep breath before responding, suddenly not sure of what he was getting himself into. "Yes."