𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂Unknown sickness, death, blood, brief mentions of ambulances

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂
Unknown sickness,
death,
blood,
brief mentions of ambulances

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

It was finally here! After months of trying, Leila was getting her own place. It was a cheap rundown apartment but it was hers. All she had to do was pick up keys, which is what she was doing now.

It had been a year since the deaths of her best friends a little over a week ago, a week spent in silence, hidden away in her room at the Patterson's with only their pictures to keep her company.

But that was the past now.

Leila walked down the street dressed in a plain gray t-shirt that was tucked into her black jeans, she wore a blue Jean jacket over the shirt and a pair of worn-out sneakers on her feet. Her purse swung on her shoulder with every step, she waited at a stop sign for the signal that she could walk across the road and when the signal was there, she began to walk.

Halfway across the road, Leila stopped without thinking as she felt an itch in her throat that had become all too familiar, she scrambled for the Kleenex she kept in her purse. She pressed the kleenex to her mouth just in time as she broke into an uncontrollable fit of coughs, a few people noticed but ignored her, some even moving faster to get away from the girl.

Leila scrunched her nose as she took the Kleenex away to find red on it. She hated this. Ever since her diagnosis, she was constantly coughing. She couldn't go anywhere without some Kleenex, her friends were constantly worried about her, and to make things worse she couldn't sing anymore. She could hardly ever play her piano either, she grew tired far too easily which also ruled out dancing.

Just as Leila stuffed the dirty Kleenex into her purse, she realized where she was, the honking of the waiting cars becoming suddenly clear as her eyes widened. She looked up just in time to hear the sound of screeching tires as bright lights approached her.

She let out a gasp as she fell to the floor, her eyes blinked rapidly despite feeling as if everything was going much slower than usual, she watched the car roll away and then she looked down and saw the horrifyingly familiar red of blood. Her eyes widened as he raised her shaky hand to find blood. She was bleeding.

She had a strangely knowing feeling in her chest. She knew what was going to happen before it happened.

She was going to die.

It wasn't long in Leila's mind before the ambulances came, putting her on a gurney and wheeling her into the ambulance just as they had her brother and best friends, she heard the paramedics talking over her as the sound of machines beeping filled the air.

They were talking to her, she realized. Wait no they were asking her something. But what? Leila couldn't make out any of their words as her eyes became heavy until she couldn't bear to keep them open.

With a deep breath she closed her eyes and then she heard it, one of the machines flatlined, the paramedics shouted above her as they tried to save her. Leila would have laughed if she was still alert enough, they couldn't save her. She was gone.

Sure enough, Leila quickly became fully unconscious as the paramedics pulled into the nearby hospital despite it being too late for her.

Darkness. That was all she saw. Her life didn't flash before her eyes like in the movies, she didn't feel terrible pain, she didn't feel anything really, and she didn't see anything either. There was just... nothing. Leila didn't know if she found that comforting or terrifying, perhaps both if that's possible.

As she fell into this darkness filled with nothing, Leila briefly wondered how Rose would react, Jasper, her friends, her parents... she didn't know who she would miss more just as she didn't know who would miss her more.

And then she wondered if she would be able to sing and dance and play music. She missed it all so much.

Finally, Leila was at peace as she went to sleep in the darkness not knowing when she would wake she would still be in the darkness, she would stay there for what wouldn't seem like long but was really beyond long.

♪ 𝙻𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

When I woke up I was in a dark room. Or it seemed like a room however it didn't end. There was a dim light that seemed to flicker in the middle of the room that allowed me to somewhat see, as it flickered on I caught sight of the blood on my clothes and my eyes widened.

What happened? I wondered as I tried to remember. There was blood on the Kleenex and then a car was coming towards me and then- I let out a gasp as I came to the realization, tears welled in my eyes and quickly began to fall.

I died.

But where was I now? I wondered as I looked around the room some more. There was no end in sight although I couldn't see much of the room with the dim lighting being the only source of lighting in the entire room, the rest was pitch black.

"Hello?!" I called desperately as I walked around. "Hello?! Is there anyone there?!" I called loudly.

I continued to call for help for a couple of minutes before I collapsed onto the ground with a sigh of defeat.

Wait a second... if I was dead did that mean...

Can I sing?

Curiously, I straightened up, my palms were suddenly sweaty as I stood up. I took a deep breath before I started to sing one of the band's song that Luke had been working on, it was called Bright. Luke had never finished it, he said he had some tweaks to do, things he wanted to change, things he wasn't sure and he also didn't think it fit the band's style however he had shown it to me and I adored it and had asked him to teach me to sing it.

I never forgot it. It was engraved in my memory forever.

"Sometimes I think I'm fallin' down, I wanna cry, I'm calling out-" I paused to clear my throat which was scratchy and aching, I ignored the pain as I continued, desperately hoping that by some miracle I could sing. "For one more try to feel ali-" I was cut off by a cough I couldn't hold in and once more I fell to the ground, this time in a fit of coughs.

When I pulled my hand away from my mouth, I was shocked. There was no blood like I had expected however there was pain.

I gasped for air, taking a few deep breaths before I chuckled bitterly.

Even in death, I was in misery. I just can't get a break, can I?

♪ 𝟷,𝟷𝟼𝟻 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ♪