13. The letter

The next day I woke up in my dorm. I snuck here yesterday after Luna and I talked until half past ten. That felt good yesterday, I needed that.

I looked at the clock ... it's already 12 !!

It's good that the class was canceled today! I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Y/N? Are you there?"

I heard Fred say.

"One moment."

I called in the direction of the door. I quickly pulled on a sweater and opened the door. In front of it stood Hermione, Ginny, and the twins.

"Is this some kind of group meeting?"

I asked and grinned. Fred held a letter under my nose.

"It came this morning for you."

he said with a worried expression on his face. Although I hadn't even read the letter, I knew exactly who it was from. I tore the letter from Fred's hand. As feared ... he came from the hospital. I felt Hermione's hand on my shoulder.

"You have to read it Y/N."

"You can do it."

Ginny encouraged me. I took a deep breath and opened the letter. I skimmed the first few lines ...

"We're happy to inform you that your mother is in a stable condition."

a load fell from my heart.

"Unfortunately we have to inform you at the same time that your father did not survive the emergency operation, we wish you our deepest condolences ..."

I didn't read it any further.

Please make this not true. It was just a dream! In a moment I would open my eyes and everything was just a dream!

But nothing happened.

"No no!"

I started to breathe heavy. Why did I have to break down so often lately ?!

The letter fell out of my hand.

"Y/N what is?"

Hermione asked worriedly, stepping closer to me. I fell on my knees and started to sob.

"Please say it isn't true...."

I whispered.

"Y/N what's wrong, talk to us."

said George, looking at me worried.

"No! No ... go ... go away! I want to be alone!"

and so I stormed out the door. I saw Fred pick up the letter and start reading it. I ran out of the common room as fast as I could, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Please don't let this be true! I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I ran down the corridors in search of an undisturbed place. I didn't care that I was crying and walking around with red and puffy eyes. I wanted to sit in a corner and cry for the rest of the day. Then the girl's toilet came into my mind. Maybe not the best idea, but it was the first. With soft knees and still crying, I ran towards the girls' bathroom.

I was just walking around the corner when suddenly I bumped into someone tall.

Shit!

I didn't want anyone to see me like that. So I just tried to keep walking and looked at the floor, trying to hide my face.

"Be careful where you go!"

I heard Malfoy calling from behind me. I turned around

"Shut up Malfoy I don't care what you're saying so shut up!"