20. "It's for you!..."

- The funeral

I saw how the castle got smaller and smaller the further we drove until suddenly I couldn't it at all. I leaned my head against the windowpane and listened to my playlist. When suddenly "yellow" played I stopped the music. I heard the same song on the train ride a few months ago  while cuddling with George. At that time I thought he was my yellow ... now I wasn't so sure about it anymore. I skipped the song to not burst into tears again and closed my eyes. I woke up a few hours later.

How long did I sleep?

It must have been quite a long time because at that very moment the train arrived at "Kings Cross". I quickly grabbed my luggage and hurried to the exit. The track was empty ... of course it was, nobody would just stand on the track in the middle of the school year.

Wait ...

from far away I recognized a tall, petite woman with a purple robe and light brown curls.

"Mom!" I put down my luggage and ran towards her.

I couldn't believe she took a day off to pick me up, she never missed work. I jumped into her arms and for the first time in a very long time I felt really loved again. I felt a tear role down her cheek and I was hugged her even tighter. She was only a few inches taller than me, but that was probably due to the heels of her shoes. Her smell felt so familiar ... it had been ages since she hugged me like that. I didn't even remember the moment when I felt such a motherly love.

My mother and I decided to travel home with flopowder. I don't think she felt that comfortable driving a car again, which was completely understandable.

When she got home, she took off her robe and made tea. As always, she made me a raspberry tea and had a coffee herself. I sat down in the living room and looked around. Not much had changed. She had hung up a few more pictures of my dad. I think it gave her the feeling that he was still here, kinda. The brown leather sofa on wich I use to spend 24/7 of my time, was still standing there. But I could see she removed the chair on wich my dad used to sit and read the daily news every morning. Instead of three chairs, there were only 2 at the kitchen table.

She came back with two cups of tea and sat down next to me. She asked me about my year at Hogwarts and how my friends were doing, and the conversation went well, we had never really been so open to each other until she asked me about George. I had told her about us in a letter a few weeks ago, but not that we were no longer together. I didn't want to burden her with more worries than she already had, so I replied:

"Everything is fine, it's going great." I forced a smile and tried to hold back any tears.

It was neither fine nor great, but nobody had to know that. After my tea, I decided to go to my room. It had been ages since I was here. I had been with the Weasleys over the summer break and all the time at Hogwarts before, so it was almost two years since I had been here. It was all a bit dusty and gloomy, but that was nothing that a good spell wouldn't fix. I redecorated my room a little and half an hour later it looked like new. I ran back into the living room.

"Mom did you have my-" I saw my mother sitting on the sofa, crying.

I had NEVER seen her cry in all of my 15 years. Maybe a few tears here and there but she never really showed any emotions. She looked up startled and wiped away the tears. She was clearly uncomfortable with me seeing her crying.

"I didn't know that you-" but instead of letting her finish speaking, I sat down next to her and hugged her tightly in my arms.

"I miss him too mom."

Yes, there were times in which my dad had been and egoistic, narcistic, abusive arse. As much as I wanted to hate him I couldn't. I didn't have it in me to forget about the good memories we shared. As much as I wanted to not miss him, I couldn't.