16. The Yule ball

-Dumped

On Saturday afternoon after dinner I ran to my dorm as fast as I could to get changed.

"Four more hours, hurry up!"

Hermione exclaimed as if I wasn't stressed enough already. I took a quick shower and then went back into the room. I opened my closet and took out the box with the dress. At the sight oft he currant-red dress it still took my breath away, it was just unbelievable. I put my clothes on my bed and put on the dress quickly.

"How does it look?"

I asked and Hermione and Ginny turned to me. Ginny slapped hand over her mouth and Hermione couldn't shut her mouth anymore.

„You look absolutely stunning."

Hermione smiled and looked me up and down.

"Maybe I'll rethink my sexuality after all."

Ginny grinned and the three of us ran over to the bathroom to get ready. Ginny and I helped Hermione with her hairstyle and Hermione helped Ginny with her makeup. After amost 3 hours, all 3 of us were finally finished. I looked at myself in the mirror and got tears in my eyes.

I usually didn't feel that way but found that I looked pretty good tonight and the two of them agreed with me.

"You look great Y/N."

I smiled at the two of them.

"Look at you guys! You both look stuning!" 

"Okay so the boys are waiting in front of the great hall for us, so let's go!"

Ginny walked downstairs a few minutes before the two of us so Hermione and I were waiting on the stairs.

"Are you nervous?"

she asked. I nodded and tried to take a deep breath. 

"Don't worry...me too." 

She tried to force a smile but I could see that she was nervous. Of course she was! She would be going with no other than Viktor Krum.

Viktor was already waiting downstairs in front of the stairs and held out his hand for Hermione.

"Should I wait until Cedric is there to pick you up?"

she asked and looked at me briefly.

"Oh no, everything's fine, you go ahead he'll be there every minute."

I gave her a short smile before she finally left with Viktor. Suddenly I could see Cedric out of the corner of my eye and my I had to smile. However, when I saw who was with him, this feeling disappeared pretty quickly. Cho Chang was standing next to him, and as close as the two were, it didn't look like they were just talking to each other. I ran up to them with quick steps and with each step I got angrier and more serious.

"Cedric what the hell is that!"

I called when I got to him.

"First of all, good evening. Y/N this is Cho Chang. I'm really sorry, I forgot to tell you. Cho asked me to the ball as well and I said yes. I wanted to cancel in time but-"

"Nothing but! Are you fucking kidding me?! I thought we would go together and now you just replace me? Who am I going with now! "

I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

This dick really dumped me 5 minutes before the ball would begin. 

"Sorry Y/N, I really didn't want this to happen."