15. "Love each other..."

-"I want you to be happy...."

I made a firm decision and walked over to Fred. Before I could change my mind I taped on his shoulder and asked him.

"Can we talk, please?"

I asked uncertainly. I was afraid the whole thing would escalate. That it would end like the summer vacation downstairs in the kitchen. But it had to be said, if I kept it to myself longer I wouldn't go crazy. Even if I went to the ball with Cedric, I still liked George and suddenly I remembered his words... The words he said to me when I collapsed in the girls' bathroom.

", ..... and because I love you."

He loved me...I had to do this..

"Is everything okay? Has something happened?"

Fred immediately asked concerned and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes- no, I ..."

I sighed and sat down on the sofa. We were lucky that we were the only ones in the common room at the moment, the others had probably already gone to dinner so I took my chance.

"I feel terrible. I feel absolutely horrible. Freddie I know you don't want it but ....."

I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"But there is nothing I can do about it!"

I started sobbing.

"What are you talking about what's going on?"

he asked, still worried.

"I don't want you to hate me."

I said worried.

"Why should I hate you? I could never!"

He smiled at me.

"Because I still have feelings for George ......"

I said quietly, almost whispering.

"And I don't want you to feel like the third wheel but ....."

I started to cry. I actually didn't want that.

"Freddie, I love him. I can't do anything about it. I can't lose you. But if you think that as my best friend you can tell me who I am aloud to love then ..."

I sounded so mean. I knew I was about to break Fred's heart. I looked up at his face, expecting anger, disappointment, instead he smiled at me and gently washed my tears from my cheek.

"And I was thinking about it too lately... George and you ... You are the two most important people in my life. All I wish for you is that you are both happy ..."

I calmed down.

What did he want to tell me?

"And even if I'm going tob e the third wheel..."

I shook my head.

"No. No you are not, you will never be and you never have been."

"Let me finish. I can see that you make each other happy. When you are with each other, you always have a smile on your face. Both of you. I couldn't bear to be the reason that you are not happy ... please just promise me not to forget me okay? "

I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"I could never."

"I want you to be happy. So ..."

he paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Become the greatest, sweetest, happiest couple in the world. Love each other like no one else has before. Never leave each other. And above all ... make each other happy."